Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

navigation voice guidance mute CD sound but did not pause it

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default navigation voice guidance mute CD sound but did not pause it

Hello
Bought a new 2015 Q5 premium with navigation. I listen to audio books on CDs while driving. When navigation system is giving voice guidance, it didn't pause the CD playback, it just mute the sound, so I have to backward CD playback to hear the part I missed. This is really annoying, especially that the voice guidance often come on 3 or 4 times for a turn. I ended up turning off the voice guidance. This is not ideal because now I need to constantly checking the screen to see if I am near a turn.

I want to know if it is only happens to my car.

Thanks
glan
Old 03-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by glan
Hello
Bought a new 2015 Q5 premium with navigation. I listen to audio books on CDs while driving. When navigation system is giving voice guidance, it didn't pause the CD playback, it just mute the sound, so I have to backward CD playback to hear the part I missed. This is really annoying, especially that the voice guidance often come on 3 or 4 times for a turn. I ended up turning off the voice guidance. This is not ideal because now I need to constantly checking the screen to see if I am near a turn.

I want to know if it is only happens to my car.

Thanks
glan
Just use the DIC to display the NAV... I too listen to audio book and use that for NAV pretty simple.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi ryanaudi,
what is DIC?

Thanks
Glan
Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Rip the Audiobooks onto a SD card or even a USB stick on a PC at home. Two advantages of doing this. No chance of the CD/DVD getting damaged in the car and the playback does stop when the Nav speaks. I guess a third advantage is that you can have many audiobooks on one SD card.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by timlocke
Rip the Audiobooks onto a SD card or even a USB stick on a PC at home. Two advantages of doing this. No chance of the CD/DVD getting damaged in the car and the playback does stop when the Nav speaks. I guess a third advantage is that you can have many audiobooks on one SD card.
Somewhat unrelated - but do sd/usb/cd audiobooks support "resume from where you left off" feature, for example if you change tracks (not just when you get into your car the next day)?

Thanks

Last edited by igord; 03-03-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by glan
Hello
When navigation system is giving voice guidance, it didn't pause the CD playback, it just mute the sound, so I have to backward CD playback to hear the part I missed.
In your sound settings, there is an option to "set music volume during navigation prompts" - or something along those lines. I'll bet that you have that set to zero. You could experiment with that setting until you are comfortable continuing to listen to your audiobook while also hearing the nav prompt. Steve