Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Member, New SQ5 Buh Bye X3

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Why give new tires away?
I guess if you don't want to store them. My stockers are sitting in the basement with only the miles required to drive from the dealer to Discount on them to get the Pilot Sport A/S 3s fitted.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ND40oz
I guess if you don't want to store them. My stockers are sitting in the basement with only the miles required to drive from the dealer to Discount on them to get the Pilot Sport A/S 3s fitted.
Let us know how u like the A/S 3's. I have the a/s 2's and don't like how harsh they ride on our crappy roads. They're due for replacement this spring and I've looked into the A/S 3's but the reviews claim they're a far stiffer sidewall, at the benefit of supercar grip in the dry. I'm leaning towards a better-riding A/S, I can accept 95% dry performance if the ride is decent. I'm looking for wet, cold, and light snow performance in an A/S. The A/S 3's reviewed much like a dedicated summer tire.

Just realized the hijack - sorry.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Let us know how u like the A/S 3's. I have the a/s 2's and don't like how harsh they ride on our crappy roads. They're due for replacement this spring and I've looked into the A/S 3's but the reviews claim they're a far stiffer sidewall, at the benefit of supercar grip in the dry. I'm leaning towards a better-riding A/S, I can accept 95% dry performance if the ride is decent. I'm looking for wet, cold, and light snow performance in an A/S. The A/S 3's reviewed much like a dedicated summer tire.

Just realized the hijack - sorry.
Hey we're still discussing all seasons though. I had the original A/S on our Jetta and the A/S Plus on our 135i, the A/S 3s are superior in every way, even in the snow.

I had the DWS's on my X5 and I feel that they're better in the snow, but if you're going to have a dedicated winter anyway, get the A/S 3. The A/S 3 is a better tire in every aspect over the DWS except in the snow. I've had the SQ5 out in sub 0F temps with 6 inches on the ground and didn't have any issues with the A/S 3.

I'm not sure why Audi still has the Latitude Sport as the OEM tire for the 20" wheels, especially when the A/S 3 and Super Sports in the same sizing are cheaper. They really should offer them as a no cost all season option.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is great because I was looking at the A/S 3's Those were my first choice! that latitudes are very poorly reviewed. Yes no luck finding the 21 Scorpions...anywhere!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Take a look at Tire Rack's reviews on the A/S 3. Not just the "Ultra High Performance All-Season" chart, but read the actual reviews written by owners. It certainly changed my mind.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So check this out! I am wrote ordered this on the 7th of Jan. I wrote the dealer this Monday requesting the change.... In the few days since the order went hard and was even released for production. So I am in for the 21's. The car should be delivered by the end of February... The dealer assures me that he can get the 21" Scorpion.. we will see... Now I'm getting excited...
Old 01-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by utcadman
Well I did it...!

Ordered today. They actually had a SQ5 on the lot and took a nice drive. Was happy. It had 21s felt great to me, so I went with that. They are good looking!

Daytona, Black Std. interior. Technology 21's. Black optics. BO Stereo. Atlas Carbon. Badge Change and Tow hitch.

62,290 less 6% no questions asked no stress. The deal I wanted and they had one on allocation so hopeful wait wont be too long.

Thanks for your help!

j
Congrats. May I ask which dealer in SLC [I assumed since you're in Park Cty, UT] that you ordered it from. I ordered mine in Nov from Strong Audi, and the best they could do then was 5% off MSRP. Now the company I work for supplies parts to Audi, I'm trying to get through the hoops to get the 6% from supplier program. yours seems to be smooth sailing with 6% right off the bat.
Mine will be at the dealership the week of 2/9 [latest update from Audi].
Hope yours won't be a long wait. Cheers.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi! Well I will say this. I started at Strong. Frankly there just wasn't any response. I am ready to order.... and a week went by--nothing... My friend went bought a Porsche at Ken Garff. Had nothing but good to say. I called them. They made it impossible for me to say no...!! This is the car I want this is the price I will pay... Their response... ok... that was that! I ordered the car on Jan 7. Just went into production! Delivery end of Feb. Where no one would respond to my calls or email... It was amazing...
Old 01-14-2015, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by utcadman
Hi! Well I will say this. I started at Strong. Frankly there just wasn't any response. I am ready to order.... and a week went by--nothing... My friend went bought a Porsche at Ken Garff. Had nothing but good to say. I called them. They made it impossible for me to say no...!! This is the car I want this is the price I will pay... Their response... ok... that was that! I ordered the car on Jan 7. Just went into production! Delivery end of Feb. Where no one would respond to my calls or email... It was amazing...
Sounds good. I was not shopping around in SLC that much after my local dealer in Boise, gave me a hard time, as a customer. I walked away when the sale manager came in and threatened if I don't order right at that moment, he will switch the order. I let him do it. I called Strong Audi, just a few days before Thanksgiving, I guess they were slow then. They agreed to 5% off or 1% over invoice. I bought my boxster from them many years ago, but Porsche is not qualified as Audio loyal program. So I was stuck until I found out, from this forum, there is a supplier program. Strong told me verbally they would do 6%, or invoice. That's story. my delivery is only weeks ahead of you, so you are doing very well.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I put AS3's on my '14 S4 in place of the Continental summer tires.

I won't be putting the summer tires back on, they were superior in everyday. Plus they look a million times better, they look like a squared off tire in the same size compared to the Continentals which looks more ballooned on a side profile.

I've had AS3's on 2 cars since they came out and they were excellent tires for summer and winter.

Quick Reply: New Member, New SQ5 Buh Bye X3