Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 2014 tracking info

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xylar5
It was a couple of days after my ship hit port before I heard from the dealer. I do not think their system gets updated until the car is released to the transport company. Hopefully just a few more days.
Sometimes they won't know until it's dropped off. I guess that's even more likely when it's quick. I have no idea how long mine had been in, since the call I got was that it was available for immediate delivery. But being towards the end of the month and my sales guy being out for a couple of days last week (which would push delivery to the very end of the month), they probably put a rush on the PDI/prep to make sure they had the best chance to put it on the October books. Less need to rush in the early part of the month, other than of course making the customer happier not waiting an extra couple days.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received word from my dealer that my Q5 TDI is "expected to arrive to the port in San Diego on November 14th" and that I could plan to take delivery in Northern California the weekend of the 22nd which is just in time for the Thanksgiving trip with the family.

I am trying to figure out which ship my Q5 could be on so I can track its progress. I have looked at the Lampke schedule posted above and also the list of arriving vessels per the vessel tracker website. Nothing seems to match the information I was given. Any ideas?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoldenBear
I received word from my dealer that my Q5 TDI is "expected to arrive to the port in San Diego on November 14th" and that I could plan to take delivery in Northern California the weekend of the 22nd which is just in time for the Thanksgiving trip with the family.

I am trying to figure out which ship my Q5 could be on so I can track its progress. I have looked at the Lampke schedule posted above and also the list of arriving vessels per the vessel tracker website. Nothing seems to match the information I was given. Any ideas?
Looking at this some more . . . I am pretty sure I am on the DIONE LEADER. Per marine traffic, this vessel is expected to arrive in SD on 11/11. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=352023000 I am excited to take delivery!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking at this some more . . . I am pretty sure I am on the DIONE LEADER. Per marine traffic, this vessel is expected to arrive in SD on 11/11. http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=352023000 I am excited to take delivery!
Well according to the schedule (attached) from PWL - DIONE LEADER doesnt get in to San Diego till 11/22. Unfortunately, the marinetraffic.com website isnt always updated.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Schedule.pdf (47.0 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received word from my dealer that indeed the ship with my Q5 has docked at Houston. Now inspection, clearance and then hopefully on a truck in a day or 2!! Excited
Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by punjablion
Well according to the schedule (attached) from PWL - DIONE LEADER doesnt get in to San Diego till 11/22. Unfortunately, the marinetraffic.com website isnt always updated.
Punjablion - thanks for the schedule. The difference in dates between what my dealer told me and that PWL schedule is what has me questioning the exact vessel that my Q5 is on. I suspect (hope) that the schedule (which presumably was issued about a month ago) is outdated and perhaps the DIONE LEADER will in fact reach the west coast of the US by the 15th. Per the marine traffic website, it left Germany on 10/28 and will get to Panama on 11/11.

Is anyone aware of any other Audi/VW transport vessels that are due to arrive in San Diego in the next couple of weeks?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Punjablion - thanks for the schedule. The difference in dates between what my dealer told me and that PWL schedule is what has me questioning the exact vessel that my Q5 is on. I suspect (hope) that the schedule (which presumably was issued about a month ago) is outdated and perhaps the DIONE LEADER will in fact reach the west coast of the US by the 15th. Per the marine traffic website, it left Germany on 10/28 and will get to Panama on 11/11.

Is anyone aware of any other Audi/VW transport vessels that are due to arrive in San Diego in the next couple of weeks?
The marinetraffic.com website appears out of date.
These are the expected arrivals at the port of SD - http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ May be this can shed some light. ETA for Dione Leader here is 11/21
Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by punjablion
The marinetraffic.com website appears out of date.
These are the expected arrivals at the port of SD - http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ May be this can shed some light. ETA for Dione Leader here is 11/21
Great - Thanks for the link.

I now think that my Q5 is on the METIS LEADER as this matches the ETA given by my dealer. I see on the internet that the METIS LEADER was at the port in Germany about one week before the DIONE LEADER.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Order info

Hello,

How do you guys track your new ordered cars? What do one need to get from the dealer in order to be able to track the progress of the new car? Any info would be of great help!

Thanks!

MP
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tdifan
Hello,

How do you guys track your new ordered cars? What do one need to get from the dealer in order to be able to track the progress of the new car? Any info would be of great help!

Thanks!

MP
Unfortunately for US Audi buyers, there is no way to follow orders through the production process. It looks like our Canadian Audi buying neighbors have a cool tool to track their cars through the production process. Your best bet is to get (limited) information directly from your dealer.

First try to find out when your vehicle is scheduled to go into production. Once in production, your dealer should be able to provide you with a VIN number. Once the car is built, the dealer should be able to give you pretty accurate shipping and port arrival dates. Based on these dates, you can try to figure out the vessel your vehicle is on and track it as it makes its way across the Atlantic (assuming it is built in Germany).

Quick Reply: New Q5 2014 tracking info