Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Sepang SQ5 on the way

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sepang SQ5 on the way

Hi guys,

I should be picking up my SQ5 in about a month or so.
Am moving from an S5 Cab to the SQ5

Has anyone else made this swap.
Are you happy with it?

Cheers,
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I came from an FX45 but love the SQ5. I'm sure you will too. Many grats & welcome. Looking forward to some pics. Steve
Old 06-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Came from a stg 2 335xi. The SQ5 is a great vehicle with a great engine.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's funny....The only people I hear saying anything negative about the SQ5 haven't driven one. But when you talk to people who have actually driven one, it's a completely different story. My last three cars were a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi with every possible bolt on mod including aftermarket tuning, 2006 328i and a 1998 Z-28 SS with full bolt on mods.
This SQ5 is the most fun ride of all...hands down!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I get an "Amen?"
I test drove small SUV's for over a year trying to find something that was fun to drive, but not hideous to look at. I drove the Q5 3.0 TFSI and thought "this is pretty nice." Then, I drove the SQ5. O.M.F.G!!! This was the first thing I had driven that actually put a smile on my face. After the test drive, we went back to the dealership and I special ordered mine. The only real apples-to-apples comparison to the SQ5 is the Porsche Macan. The problem with that is by the time you order the Turbo model to keep up with the SQ5, and equip it with options to equal the base SQ5, you're well over $70K!
To summarize...I LOVE MY SQ5! Congratulations! You're gonna love yours too!

Last edited by SQive; 06-25-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Amen.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQive
Can I get an "Amen?"
I test drove small SUV's for over a year trying to find something that was fun to drive, but not hideous to look at. I drove the Q5 3.0 TFSI and thought "this is pretty nice." Then, I drove the SQ5. O.M.F.G!!! This was the first thing I had driven that actually put a smile on my face. After the test drive, we went back to the dealership and I special ordered mine. The only real apples-to-apples comparison to the SQ5 is the Porsche Macan. The problem with that is by the time you order the Turbo model to keep up with the SQ5, and equip it with option to equal the base SQ5, you're well over $70K!
To summarize...I LOVE MY SQ5! Congratulations! You're gonna love yours too!
Not sure what you're talking about, but the Macan Turbo absolutely smokes the SQ5. I drove the SQ5, Macan S and Macan Turbo back to back. The SQ5 and Macan S are very similar in straight line performance. Can't say the same in the corners and the PDK doesn't skip a beat. You can build a very nice Macan S and still come out the same as an SQ5 price-wise.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snig
Not sure what you're talking about, but the Macan Turbo absolutely smokes the SQ5. I drove the SQ5, Macan S and Macan Turbo back to back. The SQ5 and Macan S are very similar in straight line performance. Can't say the same in the corners and the PDK doesn't skip a beat. You can build a very nice Macan S and still come out the same as an SQ5 price-wise.
agree on your first point about the SQ and Macan S performance similarities. but the price... comparably equipped to the SQ that i bought, the Macan S i priced was about $4k more. i guess that's a drop in the bucket if you are buying a $60k car though.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

congrats!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snig
+1

The Macan Turbo is the benchmark in this class. The Macan S is in line with the SQ5 but Porsche dealer are wanting MSRP for them. And my Macan dealer is low balling my Q5 trade.

The SQ5 however, can be had for a discount with ACNA+loyalty. Placing it several thousands below the Macan S for now. But that PDK is sweet and the SQ5 does not come with s-tronic.

Quick Reply: New Sepang SQ5 on the way