Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New SQ5 Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SQ5 Owner!

First, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum - I've used this to help answer a ton of questions, from getting an idea of what good pricing is, narrow down options on the car, figure out tire options, and just generally gain a ton of info from you awesome people!

Here's my 2016 SQ5 - it gets me excited to drive any chance I get:
  • Brilliant Black & Black Interior
  • Tech Package
  • Fine Nappa Leather
  • Audi Guard
  • Supercharged badges
  • 20" 5-spoke S-design wheels

Just threw on some all season tires for ski trips and I'm gonna get the roof rack installed and have the Thule SnowPack 4 ordered.

Also going to look into Xpel or some type of protection from chips etc...

Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats!!! I've had my SQ5 for 2 years now and it still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. :-)
Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Welcome to the fold! I didn't purchase my SQ5 from Stevens Creek but I take it (and the 2011 Q5 I had before)there for service and have been nothing but satisfied.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Look at how shiny those pipes are! Enjoy it, and congrats.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks gorgeous. Many grats and enjoy. Steve
Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Congrats! I just picked up mine from Audi Stevens Creek this past Friday! I love everything about it. No complaints so far.

Who did you work with, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-30-2015, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's beautiful! I ended up with a Daytona Gray Pearl from Stevens Creek last Monday. I was originally going for Sepang Blue Pearl, but my hubby convinced me that the gray was the way to go. It's a beautiful color, but there are SO many gray Audi Q5s/SQ5s/Q7s out there!

Did yours come with 20" wheels, or did you order? Seems like most of the SQ5s they had on their lot had the 21" wheels.

I'm nervously awaiting my plates - I know we're nearing the end of the 7N----- series. Really hoping I don't get NZI!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eskewfive
Congrats! I just picked up mine from Audi Stevens Creek this past Friday! I love everything about it. No complaints so far.

Who did you work with, if you don't mind me asking?
Worked with Andrei - he said they were behind on their numbers and was able to do 10% off MSRP! If others are looking, he said he could do the same deal for friends and family.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MINIPhoenix
It's beautiful! I ended up with a Daytona Gray Pearl from Stevens Creek last Monday. I was originally going for Sepang Blue Pearl, but my hubby convinced me that the gray was the way to go. It's a beautiful color, but there are SO many gray Audi Q5s/SQ5s/Q7s out there!

Did yours come with 20" wheels, or did you order? Seems like most of the SQ5s they had on their lot had the 21" wheels.

I'm nervously awaiting my plates - I know we're nearing the end of the 7N----- series. Really hoping I don't get NZI!
Awesome congrats! I'll keep an eye out haha

Mine came with 20" wheels but I had to search for it - you're right most of the SQ5s in the bay area had 21" wheels.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MINIPhoenix

There are quite a few gray ones out there. But now that I own a Daytona Gray myself, I notice the ones I see are actually silver or Monsoon gray.

I have the 20" 5 v-spoke wheels on mine. I prefer them because the tire selection, especially for winter is a lot better. The 21" provide a harsher ride, and tires are more expensive and harder to come by. I do plan on purchasing a set of 21s" in the future with a design I like and for a much better price point.

$800+ tax for the 21" 5 double-spokes by Audi is way too much for me.

Congrats again to both of you! Looks like they were able to unload at least 3 SQ5s at Stevens Creek to us in the past week!

Quick Reply: New SQ5 Owner!