Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

No More S-Line?

Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like similar changes were made in the US. My car is definitely an S-Line even though it does not have all the things mentioned above by Coolieman.

Here are the pictures of the S-Line logo on both the fender and on the door sill. Sport seats were an option, but not a requirement.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysti
It looks like similar changes were made in the US. My car is definitely an S-Line even though it does not have all the things mentioned above by Coolieman.
Here are the pictures of the S-Line logo on both the fender and on the door sill. Sport seats were an option, but not a requirement.
S-line package not only Sport seats, but with the logo S-line

Last edited by spijun; 09-28-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
S-line package not only Sport seats, but with the logo S-line

The S-Line logo on the seats is optional.... I have the complete S-Line Sport Package(paddle shifters, sport seats, exterior, black headliner, perforated 3 spoke steering wheel, perforated shifter, etc) on my 2014 TDI and opted not to have the logos on my seats. Although I have it on the steering wheel, door sills, and front fenders.

Mysti, the 2015s have the door sills with the exterior package, but the interior plus sport package adds ADS and sport seats, which you don't have.

Last edited by - B -; 09-28-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The sport seats with the logo were not included on my s-line. They were an option, but not required. In any case, I am not interested in an argument. I am just sharing what was included in mine, which as you can tell by the logo is an S-line.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

The sport seats with the logo were not included on my s-line. They were an option, but not required. In any case, I am not interested in an argument. I am just sharing what was included in mine, which as you can tell by the logo is an S-line.
Mysti, we're merely discussing the differences in the 2015's S-Line and have no intention to argue either, so please don't be offended.... Congrats on your new 3.0T and thanks for sharing the pictures of your Q5 with us...... It has actually helped clear up the confusion over the subtle differences, which have started to exist in the newer models.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

You have an external S-line but not the interior. Not only the sport seats, you do not have S-line steering wheel perforated leather, shift lever perforated leather , headlining in black cloth....
Good luck

Last edited by spijun; 09-28-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks B and spijun. I am glad the pictures helped some. I will call it an exterior S-line to hopefully avoid confusion in the future.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks B and spijun. I am glad the pictures helped some. I will call it an exterior S-line to hopefully avoid confusion in the future.
audi naming is borderline stupid, it's def not your fault.

2014 3.0T and 3.0TDI had s line exterior packages standard.

to get the 3 spoke steering wheel, black headliner, adaptive suspension, black trim, titanium wheels, you had to get the "S Line Plus" package. the sports interior package is also required

this package has been referred to as "titanium package", "black optics package", "s line plus" package...and now..."high gloss black" package

for 2015 the black headliner moves to the "sport interior package"

the 2015 3.0T comes standard with s line exterior

the 2015 TDI does not come with s line exterior

2015 3.0T high gloss black package is $1500, and is analogous to 2014's s line plus package

2015 TDI "s line plus" is $2100 and is essentially the high gloss black package plus s line exterior

confusing as hell, for no reason

Idk if the high gloss black or s line plus will come with perforated leather steering wheel, I have heard both yes and no

I'll post pics in nov when I get mine

in the end, nice car and enjoy it!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zeebow
audi naming is borderline stupid, it's def not your fault.

2014 3.0T and 3.0TDI had s line exterior packages standard.

to get the 3 spoke steering wheel, black headliner, adaptive suspension, black trim, titanium wheels, you had to get the "S Line Plus" package. the sports interior package is also required

this package has been referred to as "titanium package", "black optics package", "s line plus" package...and now..."high gloss black" package

for 2015 the black headliner moves to the "sport interior package"

the 2015 3.0T comes standard with s line exterior

the 2015 TDI does not come with s line exterior

2015 3.0T high gloss black package is $1500, and is analogous to 2014's s line plus package

2015 TDI "s line plus" is $2100 and is essentially the high gloss black package plus s line exterior

confusing as hell, for no reason

Idk if the high gloss black or s line plus will come with perforated leather steering wheel, I have heard both yes and no

I'll post pics in nov when I get mine

in the end, nice car and enjoy it!
For 2015 the perforated leather steering wheel and shifter have been changed to standard leather....also the titanium 20" wheels, known as "peelers", are no longer available....several changes have been made....

There really is no need to speculate.... If anyone is interested in the current options, build your own Q5 on audiusa.com ..... It's easy, it's free, and it will clear up the confusion....

Last edited by - B -; 09-30-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

zeebow,
Thanks for that! They sure made it as clear as mud. Mine is the 2015 3.0T, so the s-line exterior was standard. The 20" 5 spoke wheels were an option that was added to the car.

I will look for your pictures in November. I am loving my Audi!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No More S-Line?