Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

OEM Audi windshield washer fluid

Old 02-07-2016, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by timlocke
If the wipers are on AND the headlights are on the headlight washers will squirt every 10th use of the windscreen washers.

I believe VDCS can alter the frequency...somewhere on Audiworld there will be the coding.

FWIW I use cheap -46C fluid from our local supermarket. Leave lurid blue stains everywhere but it does clean the glass.
Cool, thanks!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
Good to know, thanks. Is the headlight washer able to be turned off?
Dealer is able to do it. But, I have asked many times and they won't, stating liability reasons. Go figure. I think the headlight washers activate every 3rd washing while the lights are on/in auto????
Old 02-10-2016, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks! I will keep an eye on it for how long this tank lasts. Worst case I can disconnect the hose to the headlight washer.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

"I have asked many times and they won't, stating liability reasons. "
Perhaps one might suggest, if they simply stopped selling and servicing Audis and closed the business, they would no longer have any liability concerns regarding the outrageous demands of the owners?

There's also this piece of paper called a "liability waiver" and when liability is real concern, the business world is full of them to address that.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redd
"I have asked many times and they won't, stating liability reasons. "
Perhaps one might suggest, if they simply stopped selling and servicing Audis and closed the business, they would no longer have any liability concerns regarding the outrageous demands of the owners?

There's also this piece of paper called a "liability waiver" and when liability is real concern, the business world is full of them to address that.
Unfortunately I can't really blame them. If I owned a business I'd err on the cautious side too. You never know what ones intentions are or what they'll do if they end up screwing things up.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Heck, Bob. I could sue the delearship for allowing the owner to put his car back on the road after it had been fixed for a DWI accident.

You mean, you ENABLED a DRUNK DRIVER to DO IT AGAIN?

Now, that's liability.

Customer signs a work order that says "I want to wash my headlights less often, I need to fluid for my windshield. I have been fully explained and counseled against this by the dealer, I understand it may affect my safety and that of others, but since I own this vehicle it is my decision and my sole responsibility, change the washers to every nth sprary."

For that matter, washer nozzles are famous for clogging from too much car wax getting into them. All kinds of washers. Maybe we should sue the was companies?

There's a line between sublime and ridiculous, too many shops live on the wrong side of the line. By choice.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called two local dealers, Bayarea, were told by both that they don't carry them. The one on amazon cost $11 and 1 month to ship. Found this here: Audi Parts Superstore | Genuine Parts and Accessories
$3.44 ordered 2 . They carry ZVW 177 904 too.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Just curious, what's the low temp rating for Audi's ww fluid?

Last edited by bob m; 02-27-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, all of this talk over a washer fluid. Come to think of it, I have not even used it once on our Audi. It usually is a nice weather car and never had the need to use it....

I am going to have to give it a try just for fun.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Didn't they tell you? If you do not wash the windshield at least once per month, that voids the warranty on the entire car. (WEG)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Audi windshield washer fluid