Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SQive
At least your door handles match your trailer hitch.
I have nothing productive to add to this thread except to LOL at SQive's comment, 'cause I'm lovin' on those 2015 chrome door handles . Not.

Now, if I could just figure out how to get rid of them on my 2015 . . .
Old 09-17-2014, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,

I picked up my 2015 SQ5 this week and I am loving it. Only 38km on the odometer when I picked it up so the break in period is going to feel like forever. Since there are no shortage of black SQ5 pics on this forum, I'll try to mix things up with a shot of my paddle board on it.

Cheers!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Lacucina_chef (03-25-2020)
Old 09-17-2014, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SnowTurtle

I picked up my 2015 SQ5 this week and I am loving it.
Congrats, SnowTurtle! Beautiful car. Is your SQ5 Mythos or Brilliant Black?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by metta
Congrats, SnowTurtle! Beautiful car. Is your SQ5 Mythos or Brilliant Black?
Thanks! I'm coming from a 2011 BMW 335is coupe which I loved but I needed a larger car. Super happy with my decision.

Mythos Black, 21", B&O, Carbon inlays, Navi/MMI.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SnowTurtle
Thanks! I'm coming from a 2011 BMW 335is coupe which I loved but I needed a larger car. Super happy with my decision.

Mythos Black, 21", B&O, Carbon inlays, Navi/MMI.
Hey SnowTurtle. I am also planning to trade my 2012 335is for a black SQ5. Are you still happy with the decision. I am sort of waffling and I am thinking I should have picked up an S4 instead.

How does it compare to the 335is? Pros/Cons?
Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had mine for four months now, a little over 6K miles, and I'm still lovin' it! I'm always looking for a reason to go for a drive. That reminds me...I need to go to the pool supply store.
You can't compare the SQ5 to full-size SUV's or mini-vans, nor can you compare it to full-on sports cars. The SQ5 creates a new area in CUV's that can really only be compared to the Porsche Macan. However, only the Macan Turbo is faster, and it's a hell of a lot more moolah. If you have kids, get the mini-van. If you prefer a sports car, then get one of those. If you're looking for something in the middle, a sublime compromise, then the SQ5 may be for you. If you are plagued with too much money, then you should definitely get the Porsche.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jettrust
Hey SnowTurtle. I am also planning to trade my 2012 335is for a black SQ5. Are you still happy with the decision. I am sort of waffling and I am thinking I should have picked up an S4 instead.

How does it compare to the 335is? Pros/Cons?
Thanks
Hi Jettrust,

I am happy with my decision and have zero regret. The body styles are obviously quite different so it is hard to do a direct comparison. For me, I needed more room and utility than what my BMW or even the S4 could offer, but didn't want to leave the power of my BMW behind so that's what turned me onto the SQ5. I still only have 500km on it so I haven't even tested out the power but I can tell it's there.

The Audi seems to be a more luxurious car than my fully loaded 335is. Based on my experience, I still look at BMW as a more 'pure' sports car (more sporty in feel and handling) compared to the Audi offerings (more refined and luxurious). Both nice, but offer different experiences.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the handling of the SQ5 in corners overall (keep in mind I haven't really pushed it), but when compared to my 335is on a familiar highway on-ramp you can tell the difference of going from a coupe to a CUV - this is to be expected though.

The electronics/MMI on the Audi are nice, I like the extra info screen between the odo and speedo that displays navi info (etc), but I miss some features of the BMW iDrive. If you are into Sirius satellite radio, it seems every manufacturer is inferior to BMW in this regard. Siriusly (pun intended), how difficult is it to display the list of channels by channel name, or by artist, or by song (like BMW does). Minor pet peeve but I use Sirius twice daily in my commute and loved BMWs implementation of it. I have the same limitation in my new Honda Odyssey as well.

I am really looking forward to Quattro this winter! Just have to build a winter wheel package. Oh, and I love the pano roof! I understand why people delete sunroofs on M3s, 911s, etc., but I don't understand why one wouldn't want it in a vehicle like the SQ5? Maybe for climate reasons? Does it make the car a lot hotter in warmer areas? Anyway, the kids love it as well.

In the end, the SQ5 was the right choice for me. I hope you enjoy yours as well!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To break a stream of black Q's here... my new SQ5 in Daytona grey pearl

right after Oti Pro applied. 500mi, so far I like it
Old 09-22-2014, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice grossy looking Simon. I will have my Mythos Black done next week. Hopefully it will turn out great. So regret to take that coating option from the dealer. It is totally useless.
I will have CQuartz + Optic Plus then Avery Nano fusion right after.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I have an open driveway, so went for the most durable coating. Did some research beforehand and told dealer not to remove the plastic before I come in to pick it up. Turned out pretty well.

Quick Reply: Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread