Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Opinion on 2015 Q5 Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Not my first purchase, but first Audi. Just wanted to see if there was anything that's typically pushed at Audi dealerships. I was informed about AudiCare but am thinking about passing on it as I am quite handy with my 3-Series and feel confident about doing the routine maintenance.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

During our previous purchases at the Audi dealer, they present a menu of things with possibly 6 - 8 items you can add on for "only $xxx/month".

Don't completely discount the AudiCare program. It's a fair deal, but it also gets the vehicle back to the dealership for recalls, campaigns etc. that you might not catch otherwise and that can help build rapport should there be warrany claims or other issues that may involve dealer discretion for taking care of stuff outside of warranty.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Excellent point Uber, didn't occur to me (must be one too many biers). I will certainly keep this in mind.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree, 100% with Redd - Audi Care and nothing else. Funny, the sales people spend their time convincing you how great the car is and as soon as you get into the finance office, that guy tells you about how you need to insure against all the problems that can occur in the future.

Bob
Old 10-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Festoolbob
I agree, 100% with Redd - Audi Care and nothing else. Funny, the sales people spend their time convincing you how great the car is and as soon as you get into the finance office, that guy tells you about how you need to insure against all the problems that can occur in the future.

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Any other opinions?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

You got about the same deal as me. My MSRP was 54xxx and I paid 50xxx which was pretty good for a TDI & Prestige

AudiCare is definitely worth it. I passed on everything else BUT the Ding Protection because they cut the price to almost nothing...
Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

When I bought mine, I wasn't offered anything, just got the paperwork signed for the car alone and drove it home. I was a bit surprised by that since usually they'll at least acknowledge the option of the various protection packages, extended warranties, etc., even if they don't push or even recommend them. Was at least a nice change of pace, though, since AudiCare is about the only thing that could be worth it and you can pick that up after the purchase, too.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice! MSRP (with all the options indicated) should be $49,675 and getting over $4400 discount on it is a great deal!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate all the feedback. Pulling the trigger tomorrow and will most likely add Audicare (hoping they'll be willing to work on the price a little).

Originally Posted by rbradleysd
You got about the same deal as me. My MSRP was 54xxx and I paid 50xxx which was pretty good for a TDI & Prestige

AudiCare is definitely worth it. I passed on everything else BUT the Ding Protection because they cut the price to almost nothing...

May I ask how much you paid for the Ding Protection? Or at least ballpark if you don't remember the actual cost.

Thank you
Old 10-13-2014, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Festoolbob

Bob
+1

Quick Reply: Opinion on 2015 Q5 Price