Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Opinions on price please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I am about to purchase a 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI, Premium Plus, with sports and technology packages, MSRP is $52,720 (Arlington, VA), USAA pricing reduces it to $49,847... Is this a good deal or do I have room for negotiation? The price includes $925 for destination fees...

Any feedback much appreciated...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masemoto
Will make this quick and easy.

Brand new (~80 miles so seen a few test drives) 2014 SQ5 with MSRP of $57,740. Almost no haggle offer from Audi dealer of $51,200. I can probably get them down another $500 maybe more. Thoughts on offer? Good, bad?

Also it does not have MMI which I don't think is a big deal... but please tell me if I am wrong. Seems like a lot of dough for navigation and back up cam... what else would I be missing?

Thanks.
$51K is about 12% off (invoice is about 7%, for reference), if you aren't going to miss anything like the nav then jump all over that thing. I guess nobody who's come in has wanted a 2014 without nav, since they're definitely losing money on the deal (but they pay to keep it on the lot so at some point they'll cut their losses and try and dump it).

Personally the nav package was a must-have for me, but I like integrated OEM functionality. There's aftermarket options available to add nav and/or backup camera functionality, so you don't necessarily have to stay without it forever if you decide later you want it.

Originally Posted by Barraged
I am about to purchase a 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI, Premium Plus, with sports and technology packages, MSRP is $52,720 (Arlington, VA), USAA pricing reduces it to $49,847... Is this a good deal or do I have room for negotiation? The price includes $925 for destination fees...

Any feedback much appreciated...
Around 5.5% off or so, seems pretty decent. I got 6% via ACNA, some people have been able to negotiate for more than 6%, but at least as far as I'm concerned anywhere up there is pretty great pricing. (I hate haggling, though, so YMMV.)
Old 10-06-2014, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Barraged,
In in Ohio and was able to get INVOICE + $400...regardless of how I built it. Obviously with this setup, the more expensive the MSRP, the better discount % you're getting. My in case, it was 6.5% off MSRP.
When I was trying to figure out the dealers price scheme, I found two dealers around Chicago willing to do 8% off MSRP. I didn't want to travel that far...since I found a fairly-local dealer at the 6.5%. If wasn't worth another 1.5% for the travel and potential hassle in the future.
BUT, there were a few local dealers who wouldn't budge off MSRP for anything. So it all depends on the dealer.
Sounds like your deal is really pretty good compared to 75% of dealers out there. You should probably go for it, and maybe you could squeeze a little more. Good luck!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't care myself exactly for the NAV, but Google maps are just cool to have on while driving. With that said I bought the MMI/NAV for the MMI not the NAV, I find the higher screen resolution so much more impressive, especially when spending this kind of dough. Plus the overall feel of the car and navigating all the options through the MMI makes the car feel so much more intergrated and put together that I would miss that feel completely. I notice every time I get a loaner, typically an Allroad with no MMI and my first thought is always why pay so much for a car and come up $4K short on wrapping the whole product together, just doesn't make much sense to me anyways.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Thanks for feedback on pricing on the 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI in VA.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the price... Gonna see if they can locate one, or will have to order it.

Will try to get Audi Care at a discount...realize that those packages don't have a lot of wiggle room, but worth a try...
Old 10-08-2014, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will make this quick and easy.

Brand new (~80 miles so seen a few test drives) 2014 SQ5 with MSRP of $57,740. Almost no haggle offer from Audi dealer of $51,200. I can probably get them down another $500 maybe more. Thoughts on offer? Good, bad?

Also it does not have MMI which I don't think is a big deal... but please tell me if I am wrong. Seems like a lot of dough for navigation and back up cam... what else would I be missing?

Thanks.
Holy $#%$! That's a smoking deal. Even the options are perfect... Glacier white, carbon inlay, 21 inch wheels, B&O, Nappa, Side assist... mind sharing where this SQ5 is at? I'd be all over it!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GeeT
Holy $#%$! That's a smoking deal. Even the options are perfect... Glacier white, carbon inlay, 21 inch wheels, B&O, Nappa, Side assist... mind sharing where this SQ5 is at? I'd be all over it!
McKenna Audi in Norwalk, CA. She's all yours as I am walking away. They won't go lower on price so bottom line is $51,200. Beware though the sales people and manager are horrible. Don't return emails, phone calls etc. I guess Audi's sell themselves as these guys do not. Practically had my check in hand ready to seal the deal and they killed it for me. Left a bad taste in my mouth so I'm out disappointed.

On the bright side gives me some time to wait and see the new Land Rover, XC90 and look to order a 2015. After juggling some options for a couple more grand I can order with nav. Maybe even do euro delivery.

Thanks all for the input. I will own an Audi one day!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry the deal didn't work for you. Two years ago I went to Audi San Diego and the salesman told me there is no dealing and no negotiating...left a bad taste in my mouth. Fast forward two years. Now the SQ5 was out and I was interested. I was on the internet every night looking for a deal....got lots of good offers, but up in LA. I went back to Audi San Diego, walked right past the salesman from two years ago and contacted the internet sales coordinator. It was refreshing to be treated as if I had a brain. It took a couple of weeks and a lot of back and forth, but I was able to get a deal I was happy with (7.5% off MSRP)
I guess the moral of the story is that when you get a motivated saleserson, deals can be made. Don't be surprised if you get a call from them one day soon. Your salespersons manager will most likely push him to review his contacts and call any possible clients
Good luck and enjoy what ever car you end up with!

McKenna Audi in Norwalk, CA. She's all yours as I am walking away. They won't go lower on price so bottom line is $51,200. Beware though the sales people and manager are horrible. Don't return emails, phone calls etc. I guess Audi's sell themselves as these guys do not. Practically had my check in hand ready to seal the deal and they killed it for me. Left a bad taste in my mouth so I'm out disappointed.

On the bright side gives me some time to wait and see the new Land Rover, XC90 and look to order a 2015. After juggling some options for a couple more grand I can order with nav. Maybe even do euro delivery.

Thanks all for the input. I will own an Audi one day!

Last edited by USAVAGEU; 10-08-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barraged
I appreciate your feedback regarding the price... Gonna see if they can locate one, or will have to order it.

Will try to get Audi Care at a discount...realize that those packages don't have a lot of wiggle room, but worth a try...
Thx for sharing your experiences. Got car ordered for delivery next month.
Like Virginia, Best deal I can get is 6% off MSRP anywhere in Texasband Lousiana. Ohio is a bit far for us
No discount on Autocare either.
Hope to hear from others
Let us know how it goes on your end and will do likewise
In any event, wishing all best of luck