Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Wife's Client Backed Into Her Q5

Old 01-22-2014, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wife's Client Backed Into Her Q5

One of my wife's clients backed into her car yesterday (2014 Premium 2.0 TFSI). It left a nice dimple and cracked the top right rear corner of the bumper. I'm going to take it into a few local body shops to see what the estimates look like before deciding what route to take. Having said that, if they recommend replacing the rear bumper, I'd like to upgrade to the "S line" style rear bumper found on the 2014 Premium Plus/Prestige 3.0 TFSI (or as an S line option). The only real way to upgrade is if they pay us outright instead of going through insurance, which in that case I could pay any dollar amount beyond the standard bumper and accessories. It may not work out, but it's always fun to dream right?

I wasn't sure how this bumper would show up in their systems, but I'm assuming there's one part number no matter if it comes "standard" or as an S line "option". I'm sure it will become much more clear after I head in for the estimates on Friday. Any thoughts?

For reference, here's our 2014 Q5 Premium:

Here's the S line style rear on a 2014 (photo posted by tgt):

Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good idea. There should be two different distinct part numbers for the two bumpers. Let us know how it shakes out.

-tgt
Old 01-22-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgt
Good idea. There should be two different distinct part numbers for the two bumpers. Let us know how it shakes out.

-tgt
I'll make sure to get a price on both to see if there's a difference. It'll become more clear after I see the breakdown in their system.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default I'm interested in this for overlapping reasons, but watch for other nuances...

For OP, your reasoning and at least dreaming sounds right. The 2.0T (including Hybrid I have) set up just kind of looks basic back here. And with a hitch (like mine), it also looks kind of chopped up more. On the 2.0T it is obviously one big part for the cover/skin. Basically that plus the light assemblies, which I think are interchangeable (but you need to be sure). But, I suspect the other set up you are thinking of may be two piece--there is that whole lower valence area that looks nice but isn't painted. Depending on the Audi, sometimes that seems to be a separate part and sometimes it is all just part of the same part and only some gets painted. You would ned to check. E mail w/ AudiUSA Parts or call them for more info, parts list and pricing if you want it. If you do, post any findings too!

I think there is probably also the separate small panel in the hitch area that would be needed (especially w/ no hitch like yours), which in a 2.0T they just Dremel out of the single piece bumper skin. Finally, the upmarket ones have a little gray trim piece at the back of the wheel well--including my 2.0T hybrid. You can see it in the 3.0T picture you included, but I don't see it on yours. I have them on my (automatically) Prestige level Hybrid. I think they relate to the trim package rather than the actual wheels, since mine came with factory 19's and 235's, rather than the 255 20" set ups. Those are single use stick on type parts, and so if you want that, add it on too. They are not part of the bumper skin itself in any upmarket set up to be clear. I think they are in the $40 range each. Sunset (AudiUSAParts) told me some of the baseline equipped owners are adding on the whole set of them on their Q5's regardless of motor/bumper skin, variously to dress it up or to cut down a bit on the road spray on the body panel stuff.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-22-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

See my reply above about other parts to include/look at here
Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Simans82
I'll make sure to get a price on both to see if there's a difference. It'll become more clear after I see the breakdown in their system.
In Europe, prices for standard rear bumper is approximately 590 Eur and S-line is 740 Eur
Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
In Europe, prices for standard rear bumper is approximately 590 Eur and S-line is 740 Eur
I realize there will be a price difference. I was referencing the cost of the standard S line styled rear on the Premium Plus/Prestige 3.0 and the S line "package" rear. I can't imagine there are any differences, but the part numbers may very well be different. I'll find out more on Friday.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Simans82
I realize there will be a price difference. I was referencing the cost of the standard S line styled rear on the Premium Plus/Prestige 3.0 and the S line "package" rear. I can't imagine there are any differences, but the part numbers may very well be different. I'll find out more on Friday.
For S-line: Model 2K7, 2K8

Name:  ScreenShot132_zps6e7bd21c.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  44.2 KB

Standard Model: 2K0, 2K1, 2K2, 2K9

Name:  ScreenShot133_zps615011dd.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  40.9 KB

Last edited by spijun; 01-22-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
See my reply above about other parts to include/look at here
Thanks for the reply!

Looking back at ThunderDent's build thread, assuming the pricing is similar, it looks like I'll need the following parts plus the cost of paint and shop supplies:

Rear Bumper Cover ($446.40)
Rear Lower Valence ($276.02)
Rear Lower Grille ($256.68)
Rear Fender Liners ($110.22 x2)

I don't have parking sensors, so I won't have to worry about that expense. I guess we'll see how the 2014 parts price out.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

"The only real way to upgrade is if they pay us outright instead of going through insurance, which in that case I could pay any dollar amount beyond the standard bumper and accessories. "

In my limited body repair situations, the insurance company sends the check to the owner/lessee of the vehicle. If it is a lease, the lessee may have to get the lessor to endorse the check as well. But the check should come to your wife, so you are in control in the transaction that the repair meets your satisfaction. FWIW.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wife's Client Backed Into Her Q5