Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Options for LED foglight replacement?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for LED foglight replacement?

I'm looking to replace the yellowish (compared to the beautiful DRLs) halogen fog lights on my 2014 Q5 with LEDs to match color with the LED DRLs.

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations with specific bulbs quality/color/brightness? I'd also like to avoid throwing a code.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you will need a error resistor for LED bulbs, just so you know LEDs in the fogs does not improve visibility on the road. it is just for looks. I don't think you will find a perfect match for the LED DRLS.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered these: http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=10645359. I have not installed them yet. I will get back to you on how they look.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I ordered these: http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=10645359. I have not installed them yet. I will get back to you on how they look.
I ordered and installed those. I removed them two days later. They throw no usable light whatsoever.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abcabc
I ordered and installed those. I removed them two days later. They throw no usable light whatsoever.
. That sucks. I still have not installed them. I really don't see that the factory fogs throw that much light either. I basically want them to match. I am not one of those people that roll with their fogs on all the time. I do want to be seem in adverse weather conditions and look cool in the parking lot. Lol.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These claim 4000 Lumen, I might buy them and see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141155774829
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by abcabc
Agreed. I ordered them as well but for my S4 they are fine as the stock halogens are useless anyway. Too low. More for aesthetics than actual usefulness. They are probably closer to 5-6k color temperatures so slightly more blue than the main beam. They are only 420 lumens compared to stock halogen 1325 lumens I think. I'm doubtful the ebay ones are truly 4000 lumens...probably a typo.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amstrad
I'm looking to replace the yellowish (compared to the beautiful DRLs) halogen fog lights on my 2014 Q5 with LEDs to match color with the LED DRLs.

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations with specific bulbs quality/color/brightness? I'd also like to avoid throwing a code.
I went with the Hoen Xenonmatch. I often drive with fogs on as I live in an area with narrow, curvy, hilly streets and it's nice to throw some light to the sides of the car to help carve a proper line. These work great; however, they're closer to headlight color than LED DRLs, but relatively close to those as well.

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

And, as an aside, I bought some yellow tint film that when it's rainy or I plan to head to the mountains or a potentially foggy area, I just cut out two circles and stick them on, and then just remove when finished. Works like a charm.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
. That sucks. I still have not installed them. I really don't see that the factory fogs throw that much light either. I basically want them to match. I am not one of those people that roll with their fogs on all the time. I do want to be seem in adverse weather conditions and look cool in the parking lot. Lol.
HID fogs haha
Old 01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stephen Charles Rea
These claim 4000 Lumen, I might buy them and see.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=141155774829
don't waste your money!! you can get a set of HID kits for the price of that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Options for LED foglight replacement?