Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Order Q5 or wait for 2016 model?

Old 03-28-2015, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scubadiver
Are there any changes for the 2016 are the colors the same, did you see the style guide?
She showed me the style guide for MY2016 and not much has changed in terms of colour offerings that I can tell.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When is the 1st MY2016 will be delivered? (don't want to buy a SQ5 right now and in two months I could have a 2016 delivered...). Let me know, i'm out of the Audi loop for the past few years
Old 04-11-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rockout
She showed me the style guide for MY2016 and not much has changed in terms of colour offerings that I can tell.
I have heard from a dealer that Volcano Red is gone and that B & O is now included in Tech package. Did you see this?
Old 04-11-2015, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by S4forDC
I've been trying to figure out when the next gen Q5 will come out as well. I have a very low mileage '13 3.0T now and had an '11 3.2L before that. My salesman wants to trade for a '15 3.0T with nothing out of my pocket. It's a pretty good deal, but for essentially the same Q5. At least with the last trade I got the new engine and refresh. Swapping now keeps me in a newer car, getting closer to the arrival of the next gen Q5.

From the limited exposure we've had, I like the design of the interior of the new Q7 but the exterior looks very angular and boxy, reminding me of a GM station wagon from the '80s. I'd like to see more distinctive, edgy bodywork on the Q5.

Like many on here I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe just keep my current or I may go back to BMW and then check out the Q5 at the mid-cycle refresh - bugs should be worked out by then.

Decision made. I went with a 2015 3.0T (Dayona Gray, Black, Sport interior, Tech, B&O) two weeks ago. Got a terrific deal trading in my '13 3.0T that I couldn't pass up. And this gets me closer to the new Q5 when the bugs get worked out. Anyone looking for a great price on a new Audi (or my old '13 3.0T with 5,200 miles) in the mid-atlantic, send a message and I'll connect you.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have posted a few times about factory problems in Mexico. They are very real - everything from supply chain theft (Drug Cartels), to factory workers stealing/bullying each other to the cultural differences between the Mexican workers and German. Add in a new design and new factory which will always have quality issues at the start and you have the perfect recipe for a poor product out the gate. Honda is having the same quality problems with their brand new smaller SUV to the point they have been debating pulling out of the low cost geo.
My assumption is that Audi will be smart and not release a totally inferior product so I suspect a delay until 2017 at the earliest. The Q5s will be cranking out of Germany and Hungary.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by txtom
I have heard from a dealer that Volcano Red is gone and that B & O is now included in Tech package. Did you see this?
Sorry for the delay - I was out of town. I checked the style sheet and B+O still appears to be an option only available in the Technik package.

The new features seem to be as follows:

Komfort package
- Audi Drive Select included

Progressive - no apparent changes

Technik
- 235/55/19 All season tires

Volcano red still seems to be an option here in Canada.

There is also a S-Line Competition package with black or dark grey 20" rims - should look really cool!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for the delay - I was out of town. I checked the style sheet and B+O still appears to be an option only available in the Technik package.

Komfort package

Technik

There is also a S-Line Competition package with black or dark grey 20" rims - should look really cool!
The 2016 Q5 style sheet can be found here for USA models and it does have B+O sound in the Technology package:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24676669
Old 04-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Komfort package

Technik

Rockout, would you happen to have a pdf copy of the style sheet? I've seen the U.S. version, but I can't seem to find one for Canada.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AlbertaBound
Rockout, would you happen to have a pdf copy of the style sheet? I've seen the U.S. version, but I can't seem to find one for Canada.
Happy to do it but I don't have a scanned copy with me at the moment. PM me with your email and I will be happy to send you a copy in the next day or so when I get access to my scanner.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S4forDC
Decision made. I went with a 2015 3.0T (Dayona Gray, Black, Sport interior, Tech, B&O) two weeks ago. Got a terrific deal trading in my '13 3.0T.
Just curious, but what was the point of this trade for an essentially the same car? Was it some specific options that your old car did not have?

No matter how "terrific" of a deal it was, you still lose a lot of money by trading in such a young vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Q5 or wait for 2016 model?