Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordering A new SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering A new SQ5

I want to order a new SQ5, the MSRP on my build in 61,750 without fees taxes or destination. The dealer has offered 6% below msrp/$500 above dealer invoice.

I'm new to the whole ordering and financing thing, I currently own a 2013 HONDA ACCORD EXL.. which I will be trading in for the SQ5.

I have a few questions to which maybe some of the users here can help me
With.
1) With a credit score of 715 and no outstanding loans and no mortgage.. Approximately what APR should I be looking to get? I have held a car loan for the accord for 2 years never late payment.

2) does Audi run credit at time of placing your order and use that credit when the car comes in to calculate monthly payments? Or do they check credit at time of vehicle arrival in dealership? Because I intend to build my credit up some more next couple of months but want to order the car in April for a June or July delivery.

3) Should I purchase any Audi care or extended warranties at time of purchase or wait until the first free oil change at 5,000 miles?

For Any other input or help ill be grateful ..
Old 03-02-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQ5inBrooklyn
1) With a credit score of 715 and no outstanding loans and no mortgage.. Approximately what APR should I be looking to get? I have held a car loan for the accord for 2 years never late payment.
you may want to look into what www.penfed.com will offer you as your interest rate. you need to have someone in your family be active in or retired from the military, or you can give a ~$20-25 donation to one of their orgs to join. i got a 1.49% rate over 5 years, which was much better than the best rate that audi was offering at the time (2.9%). then the dealership went out and got bank of america to match it. since the paperwork via the dealership was much easier, i just went with it.

2) does Audi run credit at time of placing your order and use that credit when the car comes in to calculate monthly payments? Or do they check credit at time of vehicle arrival in dealership? Because I intend to build my credit up some more next couple of months but want to order the car in April for a June or July delivery.
i'm pretty certain they run it at the time of purchase, and not at the time you order it.

3) Should I purchase any Audi care or extended warranties at time of purchase or wait until the first free oil change at 5,000 miles?
the one benefit of purchasing it at the same time as the car is that they can roll it into your financing, if you so choose.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to order a new SQ5, the MSRP on my build in 61,750 without fees taxes or destination. The dealer has offered 6% below msrp/$500 above dealer invoice.

I'm new to the whole ordering and financing thing, I currently own a 2013 HONDA ACCORD EXL.. which I will be trading in for the SQ5.

I have a few questions to which maybe some of the users here can help me
With.

For Any other input or help ill be grateful ..
They lock in the credit when you place the order. Though you may be able to change it. If they have a promotion, you can lock in. I'm not sure what their rates will be on the SQ5, when I got my TDI, we were offered 1.9% for 60 months.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you 100% sure they lock in the credit?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are you 100% sure they lock in the credit?
They didn't at my local dealer.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They locked in the discount when we bought ours, but didn't run the credit until the car came in and we went in to pick it up.

Last edited by jbbarrette; 03-08-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a 1.9%/36month from Audi for SQ5 and it was the best rate in Brooklyn 5 month ago. Even with my employee discount Chase rate was higher. They did not lock or run credit check before delivery was ready.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which dealership did you go to ? Brooklyn Audi?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which dealership did you go to ? Brooklyn Audi?
Yes, Audi Brooklyn
Old 03-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not a big fan of Audi Brooklyn, got my first car there. Wasn't the best experience.

Quick Reply: Ordering A new SQ5