Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 s-line

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 s-line

Hi all. New to the forum. I just ordered my ibis white q5 with the s line. Should be getting it next week. Super excited! Here in Canada, the s line package comes with 19" wheels. I think in the states they come with 20's. Is that right? Are there any other differences between Canadian and American s-line that you know of. Would you say that the s line package is worth the extra money? Thanks!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think S-Line is a good deal in Canada. Bumpers, side skirts, seats, steering wheel, bigger wheels for 2200$... Sounds better to me than 2000$ for pano roof or 800$ for paint.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

in USA, S-Line is splited in 2 I think...sport interior + S-Line plus or something like that. They get the 20" dark grey wheels called "peelers". Bummer, they get the 19" standard on many Q5s !

I prefer the S-Line in Canada, BUT you can't get 20" if you don't go for the Technik package...and S-Line costs more for Technik because you get more. You get Drive Select with adaptive suspension.

Hate the fact you have to go almost all out to get an option you really want....

In USA, you can get B&O sound system on the Progressiv equivalent (Premium Plus). The Prestige (Technik equivalent) give you the B&O standard...

I'd have more stand alone options, or better packaging.

Last edited by Chuck2006; 05-13-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ended up getting the progressive package, and added on the navi, sunroof and s line. The technique package wasn't worth it to me, although I would have liked to have the back up camera. It's crazy that you have to get the highest package in order to get the camera!
What do you all think of ibis white? There are so many around, but I love it on this car especially with the s line.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solymar
I ended up getting the progressive package, and added on the navi, sunroof and s line. The technique package wasn't worth it to me, although I would have liked to have the back up camera. It's crazy that you have to get the highest package in order to get the camera!
What do you all think of ibis white? There are so many around, but I love it on this car especially with the s line.
Color choice is all personal if you ask me. I know I would have got Ibis White when I ordered mine. However my area is flooded with q5's and most are the traditional colors. So I had a brain fart to try outside the box. So I ordered Teak Brown. Although a standard color and not exclusive, it appears in my area at least not many choose that color. I have seen just one so far.

Point of story, if you like it, than it is a great color. Don't go off of what we say about your color choice. Enjoy the car. I have the S-line Plus for what it is worth. Tons of fun.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default S Line color thread

You may find this helpful

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2855895
Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck2006
in USA, S-Line is splited in 2 I think...sport interior + S-Line plus or something like that. They get the 20" dark grey wheels called "peelers". Bummer, they get the 19" standard on many Q5s !

I prefer the S-Line in Canada, BUT you can't get 20" if you don't go for the Technik package...and S-Line costs more for Technik because you get more. You get Drive Select with adaptive suspension.

Hate the fact you have to go almost all out to get an option you really want....

In USA, you can get B&O sound system on the Progressiv equivalent (Premium Plus). The Prestige (Technik equivalent) give you the B&O standard...

I'd have more stand alone options, or better packaging.
I got the S-Line Plus on my Prestige, and the sticker says it includes the following:

20" Titanium 5-Segment-Spoke Design Wheels
P255/45R20 100W Summer Performance Tires
Audi Adaptive Damping Suspension
Matte Black Roof Railes
Brushed-Aluminum Decorative Inlays
Headlight Washers
Black Cloth Headliner
S-Line Front & Rear Bumpers & Side Valances
Flat Bottom 3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
Old 05-18-2014, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eryeal
I got the S-Line Plus on my Prestige, and the sticker says it includes the following:

20" Titanium 5-Segment-Spoke Design Wheels
P255/45R20 100W Summer Performance Tires
Audi Adaptive Damping Suspension
Matte Black Roof Railes
Brushed-Aluminum Decorative Inlays
Headlight Washers
Black Cloth Headliner
S-Line Front & Rear Bumpers & Side Valances
Flat Bottom 3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
And then you add the sport interior ? Right ? Seats, etc...
Old 06-19-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

curious if the 20" wheels can be added or ordered without the S line package? Really would like those on my next Q5 which will be soon however it seems the only way to get them (at least on the dealer site) is to go to the 3.0 or TDI, then add the S Line package for $3000 more. Starts getting expensive for the rims however at the same time I see they have an option on the same 3.0 or TDI for the other 5 star 20" wheels for $800.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solymar
I would have gone for Glacier white over he Ibis as it's a sharper white. It's you're own choice really though. I had a hard decision when I when through colour options. I didn't go white because it just makes the Q5 look like a polar bear. White is nicer on smaller cars like the Q3.

Also the the black wheel arches that protrude slightly over the wheel arch don't really fit well on a white car.

In The UK we have a completely different option package. Having said that, you said you placed an order and we're expecting delivery the following week!!! That's pretty amazing. In the UK it's a 5 month wait for factory orders. You're very lucky.

Quick Reply: Q5 s-line