Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/not-so-obvious features)

With our new 2013 P+ 2.0T on the way, my fiancee and I are very excited about getting into our first Audi. As a gadget geek myself, I'm always interested in learning about the not-so-obvious features of new cars that are normally discovered by mistake or after reading the owners manual cover to cover.

So what are some notable features that you all have discovered? So far, after reading through a few threads, I've found the following:

Right mirror will tilt down when reversing if the adjustment switch is selected for the right mirror.

One touch seat memory when the door is open and car is off (if either is true, the button must be held down until adjustments are complete).

Smart key/Advanced key will not allow you to lock yourself out.

Rear hatch height limit adjustment is performed by holding the gate in position and then holding the close button for 3 seconds until the lights on the bumper flash 3 times.

Any others worth mentioning?

Last edited by Interex; 11-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Answering a question of my own as to why the center console's lid ratchets? It acts as an adjustable armrest! Prior to realizing this, I was lamenting on how the armrest seems too low.

Also, the armrest extends towards the front of the car (partially covering cupholders) for extra length.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

"One touch" lane change feature produces three flashes of the signal lights. Not Q5/Audi specific, obviously, but a useful feature.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

When your sunroof is open, the wind deflector doubles as a BUG CATCHER so you can collect mosquitos (and birds if you're lucky) for your collection
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
When your sunroof is open, the wind deflector doubles as a BUG CATCHER so you can collect mosquitos (and birds if you're lucky) for your collection
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum Interex !

Discovery IS fun, isn't it

The 'extra' wipe of the wipers after washing the windows surprised me first time I saw it

Importing a lot of your music to the hard drive, putting the rest on SD cards and your ipod in the glovebox makes for a large playlist !

good driving lites in the front
(although stock ours did not match the xenons until I swapped them out for whiter bulbs)
and bright red ones in the rear makes you VERY visible

The 'coin holder' in the center console that looks like a vent ....
Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Dont forget the air conditioned glove box to help keep your ale of choice chilled.
The following users liked this post:
krautstyle541 (12-20-2021)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The directional buttons on either side of the 'return' button will change the radio station while the navigation map is up.

Hitting mode twice on the steering wheel will bring up your presets
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pouch to hold your iPod on the top side of the glovebox...took me 2 months to find that sleeve. Hahaha
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
good driving lites in the front
(although stock ours did not match the xenons until I swapped them out for whiter bulbs)
and bright red ones in the rear makes you VERY visible

The 'coin holder' in the center console that looks like a vent ....
Uh, John, forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the FOG lights? You know, for when it's FOGGY out? The bright red ones in the back are rear fog lights. If this is what you are talking about, PLEASE don't drive around with your rear fog lights on. It makes it look like you are braking all the time and is very distracting, if it's not actually foggy.

And I may be mistaken, but the thing that looks like a vent may actually be a vent. I know the automatic climate control samples the interior air to know how to adjust for your comfort.

Quick Reply: Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)