Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Front license plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as I'd like to sell mine, for a smoking deal for someone, I'm glad the dealer worked things out for your. Guess I'm off to ebay!

phxflyboy
Old 05-02-2010, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Replacement Strip without front license plate holder

Hello, everyone,

I expect to receive q5 in meteor gray this July. However, I really wanted to get the front bumper without license plate holder, and it seems there is replacement strip. Does anybody know the website or shop to get the strip so my new Q5 won't have front license plate holder? Although it is illegal in MA, I have never gotten caught for driving a car without front plate holder, so I believe it won't be a problem. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by juneyoungkim
Hello, everyone,

I expect to receive q5 in meteor gray this July. However, I really wanted to get the front bumper without license plate holder, and it seems there is replacement strip. Does anybody know the website or shop to get the strip so my new Q5 won't have front license plate holder? Although it is illegal in MA, I have never gotten caught for driving a car without front plate holder, so I believe it won't be a problem. Thanks!
Ive got one I just took off my Q5 with the parking sensor openings, PM me if interested. we are required to have front plates where I live, and they will ticket you here
Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you! I am really interested in getting one as well. Where I live, although it is illegal not to have front license plate, the police rarely ticket. Would you be able to let me know where I can get the replacement strip without front license plate holder?

2011 Q5, Meteor Gray, cinnamon brown, S-Line package
Old 05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by juneyoungkim
Thank you! I am really interested in getting one as well. Where I live, although it is illegal not to have front license plate, the police rarely ticket. Would you be able to let me know where I can get the replacement strip without front license plate holder?

2011 Q5, Meteor Gray, cinnamon brown, S-Line package
You should have your dealer double check the order on your Q5 as the plate delete is standard and the license plate holder type has to be ordered although it is a no cost option. Otherwise there is always some on ebay for sale.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

any info on the front license plate? Mine came with a large black cover to attach a front license plate. I don't need it and want to remove it. Any info on how to remove and what's underneath?

I was considering the black with 2 chrome strips or a Euro style plate.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dbc777
any info on the front license plate? Mine came with a large black cover to attach a front license plate. I don't need it and want to remove it. Any info on how to remove and what's underneath?

I was considering the black with 2 chrome strips or a Euro style plate.
Its real simple, it just snaps on. Reach your fingers between the grill slats and you will feel the clips all along the top and bottom of the bracket, press them to unclip while slightly pulling outward on the bracket. Once you get them all it will be free of the grill. The only catch is if you have the parking sensors, the wires are not very long and it wont allow you to pull the bracket very far away from the grill but just enough to reach in there and press two clips on each of the two sensors to disconnect them.
Installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

The filler plates are on always on ebay for sale.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Due to a dealer trade, my Q5 has no plate holder in the front. Anyone here still have a plate holder trim with PDC that will fit a 2011 2.0T PP? Don't see any on eBay.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audiq5_808
What sucks is that I'm also buying another car from them, a Mobility Van (Dodge). He could have saved me the trouble from calling AOA and just sent one to me. I'm giving them my business.

Also, I'm still waiting for my iPod cable that didn't come with the car. I informed a day or 2 after I received the car, he stated that he didn't send it with the car because he didn't want it to get "stolen." What's funny is that he brings it up after i ask him where it is.
IMO Unless they're giving you the best deal around I would go elsewhere. The signs they're showing and the way they're treating you is not right. It angers me how they try and strong arm you until you show them you're going to fight right back.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine came without the plate holder... I'd swap it out if it did... I just try not to run any red lights when I drive.

Quick Reply: Q5 Front license plate holder