Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Motor Mounts damaged by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Motor Mounts damaged by dealer

I took my 2010 Q5 in to the dealer for brake work. While there i asked them to perform the 65k service. Other than these two issue, the vehicle ran perfectly.

When i got the vehicle back I notice that it idled rough and it felt like it was stuck in sport mode. I called the dealer immediately and took the car back. One of the Service Advisers notice the issue immediately and stated that it seemed to be missing and asked about any fuel service, none was done. I suggested during the service the computer was adjusted incorrectly.

I had to leave the vehicle and after several days I am told it is the engine mounts. I am adamant about there not being an engine issue mount prior and after awhile the Service Adviser agrees and the dealer is replacing them for free. I guessed when they lifted the car they may have not used the correct support areas.

My question is how could have the dealer damaged the engine mounts and what else could be affected?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had something similar happen with my A3 a few years back. When I got it back from service I noticed a rattling at hwy speed. It took me several months to figure out and fortunately it was no big deal. They must have had the lift located too far forward (by several inches) and broke loose the two front wheel well liners. Once I got the liners re-anchored to the body, no more noise. It did tick me off once I realized how careless they must have been when putting the car on the lift.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maccis
I took my 2010 Q5 in to the dealer for brake work. While there i asked them to perform the 65k service. Other than these two issue, the vehicle ran perfectly.

When i got the vehicle back I notice that it idled rough and it felt like it was stuck in sport mode. I called the dealer immediately and took the car back. One of the Service Advisers notice the issue immediately and stated that it seemed to be missing and asked about any fuel service, none was done. I suggested during the service the computer was adjusted incorrectly.

I had to leave the vehicle and after several days I am told it is the engine mounts. I am adamant about there not being an engine issue mount prior and after awhile the Service Adviser agrees and the dealer is replacing them for free. I guessed when they lifted the car they may have not used the correct support areas.

My question is how could have the dealer damaged the engine mounts and what else could be affected?
I'm glad they are making this right. What dealer was it? Or if you'd rather not say, what area are you located in?
Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's say, Dallas\Fort Worth area.