Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 questions

Good day gentlemen

I am about to buy a Q5 this year and i want to ask you some questions if you don't mind.

1- what is the best way to purchase a Q5 by configuration or by packages ?

2- the MMI system is it worth it ?

3- what is the best color? am thinking Scuba blue or Mythos Black, metallic
Old 03-04-2015, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Majed, these are questions that are ultimately best answered by you, based on your preferences. For instance, where I live, heated front seats were a must on my list, but they may not be important for you. Audi offers a lot of terrific colors, and the beautiful exterior design of the Q5 looks great in all of them. Some people shy away from black because it is hard to keep clean or can be hot for certain climates, but when well maintained, it can look stunning. I'd suggest you do some research on the various options and decide what your "must haves" are, and visit a dealer to see many of the colors in person. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Majed Alomari
Good day gentlemen

I am about to buy a Q5 this year and i want to ask you some questions if you don't mind.

Scuba Blue is stunning & will definitely stand out, between the 2 I'd choose that

MMI to me is definitely worth it because I don't personally get having a luxury car without navigation (or the other tech goodies that come in that tech package)

If you plan to purchase off the lot I would expect a lot Q5 Premium Plus models with Tech & with or without B&O sound. aside from that you most likely will need to order
Old 03-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Majed you may find this thread to be helpful in regards to "must have options"

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2869787/page4/

During my long courting of a Q5 I went from being dead set on a brilliant black to intrigued by a phantom black to falling out of love with black altogether.

B&O, HGB, S-Line, flat bottom steering wheel where musts for me whereas I found that I didn't use my nav on my old car and could do without it on my Q5 for the cost of the package.

Colors and options are just personal - preference, needs, and budget.

Last edited by ciernett; 03-04-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Majed Alomari
Good day gentlemen

You'd probably get better, more specific answers if you added more information:

1) What part of the country do you live in and what kind of climate issues (ice, snow, rain, heat, hills vs. flat) do you face?
2) How many children do you have, if any, and do you transport them and friends/teammates to sports, study trips, etc.?
3) Do you need space for large gear such as ski or camping equipment, bicycles, etc.?
4) What kind of driving -- mostly urban, mostly freeway, mix of both?
5) What style of driving -- spirited, laid back, mix of both? Some people don't like the 2.0T but it works for my mostly in-town driving (getting children to school, taking them to the mall, going to the grocery store).
6) Will the car be garaged or live outside? If the latter, definitely NOT black. There's a Scuba blur in my neighborhood and I'm jealous every time I see it. I bought used and didn't have much choice, ended up with Platinum silver which is nice as well but not distinctive.

Just some thoughts. Cheers!
Old 03-04-2015, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default thanks

thank you guys very much
Old 08-26-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thank you all
Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I concur with some of the comments, Tech package is a must otherwise it wont feel quite premium to me. I think Scuba blue is amazing, I would prefer a beige interior myself to go with it.

I quite like the MMI package and I am happy with the navigation system and B&O sound system which is amazing!!

Best of luck with your new purchase I am sure you enjoy it !!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:09 AM
eus
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Back when we got our Q5, the rear view camera was bundled with MMI. Nav may not be useful to you, but trust me, you do not want to own an SUV without a backup camera -- that is a must have in my book. Even though the "dumbo" mirrors are massive on the Q5, they can't help you see directly behind you.