Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 repair manual...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Here post #2 and #3
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ighlight=brake
Old 03-17-2013, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ozfst
My advice is to stay away from eBay ...

This is the best resource I found: http://www.alldatadiy.com/index.html
??!! ... I didn't see Audi, let alone the Q5, being available(?)
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I am really surprised there is no Bentley or other type service manual for the Q5 even though it is now 5+ years old. I guess few people that buy Audi Q5's work on their own cars. At any rate just bought a 2011 and after doing some searching it seems your only choice is
1) a (potentially scam/ripoff) pdf from Audi Q5 2011 Repair Manual on pdf Looks shady and too generic. Maybe it is OK, but seems a high likelihood of spending $30 for a poor generic hack manual.
2) Elsawin DVD which would be good if you used an older PC with WinXP and DVD drive, but sucks for Ipad or modern computers (I know it is compatible with Win7) but it is still burdensome if you just want Q5 stuff.
3) AutodataDIY.com

Originally Posted by rarewolf
??!! ... I didn't see Audi, let alone the Q5, being available(?)
I decided to sign up for the AutodataDIY option, and it is actually quite good, and I can confirm the Q5 is indeed there now. So far I have only looked at the transmission related subjects, but it is comprehensive and appears to have everything you need.

I got a 3 yr access plan for $22 by using "HYBRIDREPAIR" as a coupon, FWIW.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by wilmar13
Wow I am really surprised there is no Bentley or other type service manual for the Q5 even though it is now 5+ years old. I guess few people that buy Audi Q5's work on their own cars. At any rate just bought a 2011 and after doing some searching it seems your only choice is
2) Elsawin DVD which would be good if you used an older PC with WinXP and DVD drive, but sucks for Ipad or modern computers (I know it is compatible with Win7) but it is still burdensome if you just want Q5 stuff.

I got a 3 yr access plan for $22 by using "HYBRIDREPAIR" as a coupon, FWIW.
Never existed version for only one car
The new version of Elsawin is only a online because the database is 65GB

Last edited by spijun; 08-18-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

spijun-
"The new version of Elsawin is only a online because the database is 65GB "
No excuse. A printed factory manual was $75 thirty years ago for most cars, over $100 if you added the wiring/body volumes.

Today a 65GB database almost fits on a 64GB flash drive, and those retail for $32. (128GB for $55.) So Audi could easily sell their software on a $100 stick.

Audi just wants to force owners to take the car to a dealer. They won't even license the data to AllData for subscription sales until the cars are over two years old. They have the monopoly and that's the end of it.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You can get Elsawin and data for Audi up to MY14 from here. You don't need to download/install data for Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen and Volkswagen Commercial. Total download is 18.4 GB if you only get Audi.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not so simple, that link is bad and the web site says to request permission to access it. Nice if that happens & it works.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Redd
spijun-
"The new version of Elsawin is only a online because the database is 65GB "
No excuse. A printed factory manual was $75 thirty years ago for most cars, over $100 if you added the wiring/body volumes.

Today a 65GB database almost fits on a 64GB flash drive, and those retail for $32. (128GB for $55.) So Audi could easily sell their software on a $100 stick.

Audi just wants to force owners to take the car to a dealer. They won't even license the data to AllData for subscription sales until the cars are over two years old. They have the monopoly and that's the end of it.
All the producer European cars are doing the same: Mercedes, BMW, Peugeot, Citroen, Alfa .......
Simply protect their product
Old 08-23-2014, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Spijun-
In the US, there's been a lot of legislation over that kind of behavior. It is typically called "restraint of trade" because it prevents the competition, the independent shops, from doing any repair work. And usually, our Congress eventually passes some laws and slap some fines and forces the automaker to sell the repair information to the general public in the same time frame that it is available to their own shops. I don't know how Audi or anyone else has slipped past this, so far, but most car makers selling products in the US (most by market volume if not by number of brands) sell the books, or the access, openly. Partly because of legislation.

As to the web site...they charge $10 for access to the site, and expressly state that does not mean any files can or will be found, accessed, or contain what they are supposed to. So much for online access to bootleg copies.

I wouldn't mind paying Audi for access, or a copy. I suppose I'll have to ask my CongressCritters to spank them, hard, in order to make that happen.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Reed,
There is a special contract if it proves that you have a qualified service for the provision of services you can get online access
Of course are signing special contracts that may not conduct distribute software and data

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 repair manual...