Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Recommendation for Clear Bra installer in Dallas??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 AM
els
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I have had clear bra installed for 18+ years. Doesn't matter what brand of film you install it matters who the installer is. I have seen horror jobs done by other installers. My guy who I have used for 18 years installs a couple of different brands now. He is a big 3M guy and I have always liked it , but this time around he installed Llumar on my SQ5. I wasn't worried because I knew he would redo it with 3M if I didn't like it. All I can say is WOW!! I love the Llumar. It is very smooth and crystal clear. It has been on the car for almost 2 years this November and it looks great. But either way it's all in the installer not the film. XPel can say they are a certified installer but I am sure it's just a minimal class they take in order to buy product from them.
The so-called authorized installer never took class at Xpel (that is what I found out later). I agree with you about installer's skills. I was told by Xpel that installer is authorized but nothing more than that. Having the dealer handle the film would save me the headache since dealer has done vetting and will use reputable installer.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you go to the Xpel website and look to the right about mid page you'll see the find an installer section. Navigate to your area. Once you see the actual installers it will say whether they have been factory trained. It will also indicate the amount of Xpel product they go through over a given period of time, the little car symbols.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:46 PM
els
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by davidbod
If you go to the Xpel website and look to the right about mid page you'll see the find an installer section. Navigate to your area. Once you see the actual installers it will say whether they have been factory trained. It will also indicate the amount of Xpel product they go through over a given period of time, the little car symbols.
It's not up to date and reliable. The first installer wasn't listed which prompted me to call Xpel to find out because the installer said he is authorized installer. The same thing goes for the second installer. The rep did acknowledge the website lists a few dealers but they have many more not listed.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If anyone ever needs help finding an installer, we're on the forums to help!

You can always just send me a PM and I will try to help you out with someone locally that can take care of you!