Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Send to Car - google map and iphone

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stash64
Do you need Audi Connect for this to work or does it communicate thru the NAV link ?
Yes, Audi Connect has to be activated for the Send To Car feature to work.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Based on its description, this app was designed for the newest MMI generation, such as the one in the new Audi A3. Are you saying it works with the older MMI systems such as the one in the Q5, too?
Yes, the MMI Connect app will work with any Audi equipped with Audi Connect excepting a couple of features reserved only for the new A3/S3. It is more elegant the Send to Car app and is actually easier to use as it has it's own map built in to the app itself.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, so a dumb question, but how do you delete entries from myAudi destinations through the MMI? I'm talking about all the addresses that were sent via either "Send to Car" app or "Audi MMI Connect" app.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
OK, so a dumb question, but how do you delete entries from myAudi destinations through the MMI? I'm talking about all the addresses that were sent via either "Send to Car" app or "Audi MMI Connect" app.
I don't believe you can. I think you have to go online to your MyAudi acct. And do it there.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I don't believe you can. I think you have to go online to your MyAudi acct. And do it there.
I went there, and I don't see an option to delete it there either.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you're using the Audi MMI Connect app -open the app on your phone or tablet, select "Online Dest" & all the destinations you have already added will be there. Tap "edit", tap the red dot to the left of each destination you want to delete, tap "delete" & they're gone. Next time you open the online destinations in the car they won't show up.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't find the app on the App Store. Any chance someone can post a link yo it here? Curious to try it out.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mihar
I couldn't find the app on the App Store. Any chance someone can post a link yo it here? Curious to try it out.
It's called "MMI Connect" and is available as an iPhone app. Interestingly, it shows up in an App Store search on my iPhone and in iTunes on my Mac but doesn't appear in a search on my iPad even though any iPhone app will work on it.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Cadx6
If you're using the Audi MMI Connect app -open the app on your phone or tablet, select "Online Dest" & all the destinations you have already added will be there. Tap "edit", tap the red dot to the left of each destination you want to delete, tap "delete" & they're gone. Next time you open the online destinations in the car they won't show up.
Thanks. I was using the "Send to Car" app.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When you do a search on your iPad the results will default to "iPad Only". Change it in the upper left hand corner to "iPhone Only" & it will show up. Lots of apps are this way - drove me crazy when I was restoring my iPad & wanted to download all my apps new rather than restoring from a backup

Quick Reply: Send to Car - google map and iphone