Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 08-09-2016, 09:15 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

SQ5 driverside foglight cover accident. Replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SQ5 driverside foglight cover accident. Replacement options?

Middle of our road trip a semi tire came apart. Cars doing 80mph (it is 80 zone), tread being run over and flying. One slab nailed my SQ5 front hard. Unbelievably a few plastic pieces were popped out and bumper slightly tweaked but a gentle nudge made all look like new (no alignment issue). Tough car! Except the DS fog light cover is gone. Tabs intact though.
If it matters it's a 2015 with black optics pkg. I don't mind aftermarket if the fit is great. Any options for a replacement black foglight cover before going the expensive oem route?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sad that you and your SQ5 had to go through that incident. Glad you and the SQ5 are alright though. I doubt if there is an after-market replacement fog light grille.

I looked up the part number for the SQ5 Fog Light Grille. There are several versions (satin black, brilliant black, matte black with or without the distance sensor). Not sure which one is yours. Here is the link to the parts diagram: 2015 Audi SQ5 Parts - Audi Silver Spring | Genuine Audi Parts & Accessories

I did a search online and I found one (satin black w/o the driving sensor) for $60 from this vendor: Buy 8R0807681MBJI satin black/black Audi genuine OEM part

Here's another lead for a Q5 being parted out in a wrecking yard: https://www.tlsautorecycling.com/sea...q5/208078.html

It seems that the Q5 and SQ5 share the same part. You'll have better chances of looking for a cost-effective replacement from wrecking yards that have an online presence.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreativecid
Middle of our road trip a semi tire came apart. Cars doing 80mph (it is 80 zone), tread being run over and flying. One slab nailed my SQ5 front hard. Unbelievably a few plastic pieces were popped out and bumper slightly tweaked but a gentle nudge made all look like new (no alignment issue). Tough car! Except the DS fog light cover is gone. Tabs intact though.
If it matters it's a 2015 with black optics pkg. I don't mind aftermarket if the fit is great. Any options for a replacement black foglight cover before going the expensive oem route?

Hey! Glad to hear you're ok. My site (audionlineparts.com) is having a big sale right now, so i can get you and OEM part for a decent price. 27% off MSRP actually. If you can give me your VIN i can check exactly which grille you need and get it to your door. If you have any questions, give me a call at 888-416-2834. My name is Jeremy. At the least i can give you a part number to search for it from a wreck. Let me know!

Thank you
Old 07-04-2016, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I'll PM you my VIN now.

Originally Posted by audionlineparts
Hey! Glad to hear you're ok. My site (audionlineparts.com) is having a big sale right now, so i can get you and OEM part for a decent price. 27% off MSRP actually. If you can give me your VIN i can check exactly which grille you need and get it to your door. If you have any questions, give me a call at 888-416-2834. My name is Jeremy. At the least i can give you a part number to search for it from a wreck. Let me know!

Thank you
Old 07-05-2016, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

HUGE thank you to plat27265 and audionlineparts. Audionlineparts quickly replied to my PM, and with my VIN I had the exact part number so that I could search local parts yards for the piece at a used price before buying new per their suggestion. There was NO pressure to buy from them (as stated they have a sale). I unbelievably found an SQ5 being parted out at the independent VW/Audi repair shop, and I snagged the lower grille at a great price. *that vehicle was involved in hit and run with major side/rear damage, ouch!

My SQ5 and pocketbook didn't take such a bad beating afterall.

Originally Posted by audionlineparts

Thank you
Old 07-05-2016, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am glad all is well!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreativecid
HUGE thank you to plat27265 and audionlineparts. Audionlineparts quickly replied to my PM, and with my VIN I had the exact part number so that I could search local parts yards for the piece at a used price before buying new per their suggestion. There was NO pressure to buy from them (as stated they have a sale). I unbelievably found an SQ5 being parted out at the independent VW/Audi repair shop, and I snagged the lower grille at a great price. *that vehicle was involved in hit and run with major side/rear damage, ouch!

My SQ5 and pocketbook didn't take such a bad beating afterall.
Awesome! glad everything worked out! If you need anything in the future im always here!

Thanks again!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light qrilles for SQ5

I am looking for the fog light grilles ,part numbers are 8R0807681QBJI is the right and 8R0807681SBJI is the drivers side left side , Wow these are expensive ,hoping to find a used source for them. i have been searching ebay and online with no luck, if any one has any ideals please let me know. Cheers