Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SQ5 Pano Roof Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Transfer
My rattles in the roof are pretty terrible. Makes me wish I didn't have the pano roof. I'm gonna get one of these: Stick Lubricants « Product Categories « AGS Company
Have you brought the issue up with your dealer? I'm not one of those expecting to be squeak/rattle-free, but if it's bad and there's TSBs out about it then hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to get some resolution via Audi to fix it or at least improve the issue.

No pano-related rattles for me, at least not currently (~19K). I've had some others including an annoying one by the passenger seat (stopped if I pushed on the headrest a little), though they were pretty much all temporary as far as I've noticed.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
Have you brought the issue up with your dealer? I'm not one of those expecting to be squeak/rattle-free, but if it's bad and there's TSBs out about it then hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to get some resolution via Audi to fix it or at least improve the issue.

No pano-related rattles for me, at least not currently (~19K). I've had some others including an annoying one by the passenger seat (stopped if I pushed on the headrest a little), though they were pretty much all temporary as far as I've noticed.
Yeah I had an appointment 2 months ago but decided it wasn't that bad then and I didn't want to waste my time with the dealer not doing anything. I have time in February so I'll probably address it then.

I wonder if there is a difference between cars parked outside the majority of time vs in a garage? Mine is always outside, no cover.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Transfer
Yeah I had an appointment 2 months ago but decided it wasn't that bad then and I didn't want to waste my time with the dealer not doing anything. I have time in February so I'll probably address it then.

I wonder if there is a difference between cars parked outside the majority of time vs in a garage? Mine is always outside, no cover.
Hopefully they're able to do something for you next time, and if not you may need to try to escalate, especially if there's not another dealer in the area to try. There's been a lot of people getting resolution for what sound to me like fairly normal types of rattles so obviously not all dealers are unwilling to work with people... and if it's especially annoying and there's a TSB then I don't see why they wouldn't work with you on it.

As for being outside, you'll at least be dealing with more temperature variation, so anything related to slight expansion/contraction would end up being more likely to get worse faster if parked outside. Most likely it'd've happened anyway even if parked inside, just might've taken longer to have pieces shift just enough to get noisy.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomaszp72
Just curious, was it typical popping sound from the back? is it going in for a new frame?
More of a creaking...and just got it back with a new frame. I haven't driven it yet but the tech is the only one I'll let work on my RS4 and has become a friend so I know for now at least, that it is fixed.