Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 performance mode

Old 12-01-2015, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ5 performance mode

2016 SQ5 Technik
I notice that when I start the car and it was left in dynamic mode the last time I shut'er down it does have some pep, however when I switch to another mode and then immediately back to dynamic, it becomes an even far more agressive animal in all respects.
Is it just me?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have noticed the same thing, but I've only had mine for a 2 weeks/1500 miles...interested to hear others chime in here!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

RTFM. What you are describing is switching from regular to sport mode. That can be achieved by pulling the gear shifter back while it is in driving position. You will see letters D or S on the information display. S is quite a bit crazier than D.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did read the ****ing manual :-)
This is different from what the manual implies, I have switched from D to S using the shifter, however switching the dial to comfort and back to dynamic has a far greater improvement on performance, i'm not just imagining this.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

You wanna performance mode? Put in dynamic and turn off traction control. It will shave about 0.5 second from 0-60 time.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hahaha no one seems to be getting his original point. Sounds like it's maybe not resetting everything properly when you restart the car. Strange you have to double set Dynamic again to get what sounds like "all options" reset and thus in full performance mode.

I would ask your service agent about it and see if they can detect any software settings/irregularities when you restart it and then switch comfort/dynamic.

Have you tried using the app and forcing settings?

If you use the app/vagcom settings under individual to specifically tailor everything, is this also saved properly upon stop engine/restart car ?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As a total SQ5 rookie here, what seems to happen to mine, when in dynamic mode, is that after awhile, the transmission reverts to standard "d" instead of remaining in sport. It actually changes on the display on the cluster from "s" to "d". It seems to only be the transmission logic that changes when this happens. The sound and steering still act like they are in dynamic. I need to either flick the shift lever down to get back into sport or manually put the mode into something other than dynamic and then back into dynamic.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hit post to quick! If I shutdown when the trans is in "d", it stays in that setting upon startup.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is always "D" after the start. Switching to Dynamic from any other mode puts it to "S" automatically. It is the same "S" as if you get to it using the shifter. It is probably just your perception that the car is faster in one S than in the other.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MAMOHT
It is always "D" after the start. Switching to Dynamic from any other mode puts it to "S" automatically. It is the same "S" as if you get to it using the shifter. It is probably just your perception that the car is faster in one S than in the other.
This is correct. Same behavior in my SQ5 and S3. My Audi tech told me it was to give a cold engine sufficient time to warm up, so that's why it doesn't start back on S. You don't have to reselect Dynamic with the dial, just pull the shifter back when you feel like the car has warmed sufficiently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SQ5 performance mode