Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5/Q5 Interior Lighting and Fog matching bulb.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ5/Q5 Interior Lighting and Fog matching bulb.

Hi Guys,

Picked up my SQ5 last friday, and I was a little bit disapointed by two things.

1- The interior lighting was Yellow/ordinairy bulb .. I thought its was LED like the 2015 S4.

Can somebody tell me if this kit will fit the SQ5 ? I know it in the S4 product but there is none in the SQ5 product. The interior of the S4 and SQ5 are pretty much the same.

Audi B8 S4 Quattro 3.0T Interior Lighting - B8S4LEDINT - Master LED Interior Lighting Kit - ES#2210291

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- Fog lighting is also Yellor/Ordinairy light.. they don't match the Xenon/LED light.

Want to change them but dont know which one to take..

so which one will match the front headlight?

Audi SQ5 3.0T Lighting Fog Lights - ZZH11BSPLWA - H11 Platinum White Bulb - Pair - ES#11133
or
Audi SQ5 3.0T Lighting Fog Lights - ZZH11BSSWA - H11 Super White Bulb - Pair - ES#11134

Thank you guys !

Last edited by Jay337; 11-09-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not sure if the kit you posted will fit or not. However, there are Q5 specific kits. With the SQ5, you will need 4 additional door puddle lights, since the SQ5 has two lights per door.

The H11 fogs will match nicely, that is an upgrade I did. I also swapped out all the regular bulbs for LEDs in my SQ5.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
I'm not sure if the kit you posted will fit or not. However, there are Q5 specific kits. With the SQ5, you will need 4 additional door puddle lights, since the SQ5 has two lights per door.

The H11 fogs will match nicely, that is an upgrade I did. I also swapped out all the regular bulbs for LEDs in my SQ5.
Great.. Can you tell me where you have bought your LED kit and which kit did you took?

And which one of the two link are my best choice for the H11 fog matching color?

Thank you
Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I purchased my interior LEDs from eBay (I bought the cheap ones). They worked good for me as my goal was a more pure white light. The cheap ones were bright enough. I had some left over VLEDs from a previous vehicle and I placed those in the cargo area/hatch (since my goal there was super bright white light).

Depending on what you want, would depend on what you buy. Good brightness & pure white light = cheap eBay LEDs. Super bright & white light = quality LEDs.

Here is a link to the ebay seller for the cheap LEDs. They came from Hong Kong, but shipping was really quick. I think I had them within 10 days. Spent like $35 for everything I needed.

For the fog lights, I went with the link you posted first. I think they match perfectly.

Audi Q5 Quattro 2.0T Lighting Fog Lights - ZZH11BSPLWA - H11 Platinum White Bulb - Pair - ES#11133
Old 11-09-2014, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you notice any diminished fog light performance with those new bulbs? The OE bulbs produce just enough extra light to help me avoid rocks in the canyons, but I'm wondering if I will lose that functionality by replacing them with these.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I purchased my interior LEDs from eBay (I bought the cheap ones). They worked good for me as my goal was a more pure white light. The cheap ones were bright enough. I had some left over VLEDs from a previous vehicle and I placed those in the cargo area/hatch (since my goal there was super bright white light).

Depending on what you want, would depend on what you buy. Good brightness & pure white light = cheap eBay LEDs. Super bright & white light = quality LEDs.

Here is a link to the ebay seller for the cheap LEDs. They came from Hong Kong, but shipping was really quick. I think I had them within 10 days. Spent like $35 for everything I needed.

For the fog lights, I went with the link you posted first. I think they match perfectly.

Audi Q5 Quattro 2.0T Lighting Fog Lights - ZZH11BSPLWA - H11 Platinum White Bulb - Pair - ES#11133
do you have picture of your SQ with the fog on with the headlights ?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have not noticed any diminished fog light performance. However, I don't live where I really, really need to use them, so they are not on very much.

I looked and don't have a pic with them on. I'll try to take one tonight and post it.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

thank you so much Dustin
Old 11-10-2014, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have not noticed any diminished fog light performance. However, I don't live where I really, really need to use them, so they are not on very much.
Thanks.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Finally had a chance to take a pic a night showing how the H11 fogs match the headlamps.

Quick Reply: SQ5/Q5 Interior Lighting and Fog matching bulb.