Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Swapping 2013 headlights to a 2009-2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've swopped my 2010 to 2013 headlights , i now have a fault where i had no sidelight and bulb out indicator on the dash , after reprogramming at a local vw / audi garage my side lights work but i still have a bulb out indicator on the dash which is annoying ,
my question is, have they not programmed it correctly , or do i have to change the module
Old 09-17-2014, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Side Bar: The aluminum mirror housings are 700+ EACH? at EuroPrice?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Elberoth
Anyone successfully retrofited the FL headlights eventually ?

Or am I going be the first one ?

I already got the images of the FL headlights connectors ... not sure if the harness will be needed as well, like it is needed to do the rears (2010->2013).
Hi did you finished your fl headlights swapping on q5? I did headlights tail lights and front hood and bumper...
Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by COD
Programming. Coding. Do you have details of that part.
Coding is most important, all other things are not big deal.

So CODING will be very helpful.
Do you have VCDS scan before and after coding?

Sorry for my bad English language.
COD
No one will tell this info I tried to ask them for my car and no answer they are make money on this I have to reconnect two cables and they are working all the time but no warning light at all
Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by vikislap
No one will tell this info I tried to ask them for my car and no answer they are make money on this I have to reconnect two cables and they are working all the time but no warning light at all
my lights work perfect but its only when the headlights come on I get a fault on the dash saying

fault on n/s daytime running light
fault on o/s daytime running light

there is no faults displayed when the daytime running lights are on in the daytime , only when the headlights are on it displayed the above message

any help appreciated thanks Dave
Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dhbails
my lights work perfect but its only when the headlights come on I get a fault on the dash saying

there is no faults displayed when the daytime running lights are on in the daytime , only when the headlights are on it displayed the above message

Hi I can help if you have vag or vcds for coding and adapting....
Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi I can help if you have vag or vcds for coding and adapting....
Where are you from? I just finish my swaping today all front include headlights and bumper and hood and tail light also...
Old 10-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Dave, you are get falts displayed because when you turn lights on the led drl cut of ? If so thats why you get message. First time I did reconnect two cables and was working all time, but the led was too bright for night time so I reconnect them back and made adaptation and now works all just fine. Let me know if you need help I can help you out with it
Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Dave, you are get falts displayed because when you turn lights on the led drl cut of ? If so thats why you get message. First time I did reconnect two cables and was working all time, but the led was too bright for night time so I reconnect them back and made adaptation and now works all just fine. Let me know if you need help I can help you out with it
thank you for replying , that is exactly what is happening to mine , any help would be good , I don't have vag or vcds but I have a friend who does ,
Old 10-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thank you for replying , that is exactly what is happening to mine , any help would be good , I don't have vag or vcds but I have a friend who does ,
Where are you from?

Quick Reply: Swapping 2013 headlights to a 2009-2012