Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

TDI 3.0 Suit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigq5
It is reasonable to be frustrated given the poor response from VW, and that we want prompt resolution. We may wish to be careful not to negotiate with ourselves.

Because we do not have a complete assessment of the issues or the solutions, it seems premature to know what a reasonable settlement looks like.

Here is the latest from Fox

VW to propose diesel emissions solution to EPA next week.
Linky no worky
Old 01-15-2016, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dealer still plays dumb to the whole thing even with some denial. The service guy did tell me that Audi will mandate and force the flash updates to keep Audi compliant and the car compliant. He said they often flash the cars during big services anyways so this should not be a big deal....right?
Wrong - once again depending on the Audi tweak, it will NOT keep things very close to the same (or they would have done that very quickly if it was truly a few mpgs and minus a hp or two). I think this will be a MAJOR hit to our MPG and HP.

You honestly cannot trust VW/Audi anyways. They are corporate to the bone and will lie to the consumer until their hand is forced to do something. At this point more power to the EPA and attorneys!!!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If the Audi management is reading this, it seems the consensus is 100K warranty + Gift cards would be minimum required to keep the Audi customers loyal.

Audi is a bigger profit center than Porsche and VW in USA.

This is your crown-jewel, better keep it that way. Don't let it turn into worthless metal.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gift cards (plural) ... make sure there's one that can be used outside of the dealer! I do my own maintenance so dealer gift cards or free maintenance aren't of particular value (to me anyway).
Old 01-15-2016, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bobby3333
If the Audi management is reading this, it seems the consensus is 100K warranty + Gift cards would be minimum required to keep the Audi customers loyal.

Audi is a bigger profit center than Porsche and VW in USA.

This is your crown-jewel, better keep it that way. Don't let it turn into worthless metal.
Seriously. At this point I want my car fixed so I can put Audi in the rear view mirror lol
Old 01-16-2016, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

This was my first Audi and I truly love the car. However, even with a fix, I feel violated because I was intentionally marketed a vehicle that was not legal. Its going to take more than a goodwill card to sooth my feelings. I probably will become a first time BMW buyer unless I cool down on this matter. If the fix does not affect performance, then I would expect 100k bumper to bumper and power train warranty. If performance is affected, then this will be my last Audi.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Goodwill Package Survey

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post24765648
Old 01-16-2016, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbradleysd
Seriously. At this point I want my car fixed so I can put Audi in the rear view mirror lol
I'll second that, but without the laughing out loud.

What ruffles my feathers more than the outright fraud is the attitude of upper management. VAG is going to lose a solid core of repeat buyers if they don't handle this properly and I'm amongst those ranks.
My next "grocery getter" likely won't have four rings on it, nor a Porsche crest or a big VW.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
I'll second that, but without the laughing out loud.

What ruffles my feathers more than the outright fraud is the attitude of upper management. VAG is going to lose a solid core of repeat buyers if they don't handle this properly and I'm amongst those ranks.
My next "grocery getter" likely won't have four rings on it, nor a Porsche crest or a big VW.
My thoughts, almost verbatim. I've loved this car, I previously had a 2010 Q7 TDI as well. I don't care about the actual emissions issue nearly as much as I care about the almost complete lack of communication from Audi USA. Volkswagen introduced their goodwill package right out of the (Diesel)gate, they've extended it now to the Touareg TDI, and Porsche offered the warranty extension as we know. Only one of the three brands has done nothing, and with each passing day the silence becomes more frustrating.
I had ordered an MB C450 to replace my '14 Q5 just before the news broke, but I didn't end up trading it because I would be absolutely hosed. I spoke with my sales advisor at MB, he said they'd taken several in on trade but had to shop them to wholesalers and the owners were getting pennies on the dollar for them.
As soon as the fix is released, I'm getting mine updated and kissing it (and the Audi brand) goodbye. I've lost my respect for the company. I'm irritated enough that I'm strongly considering ditching my 2012 Cayenne as well, because I don't even feel like giving them money for parts and service! Because of this debacle, I've had to sit on a car I can't trade in any way that would make sense- including paying insurance/registration on a third car that I wouldn't have anymore if this junk didn't happen. I am really, really ticked off and it would take a lot more than a gift card and service vouchers for me to consider this resolved. I don't reasonably expect a resolution, so I'll be "voting with my checkbook" so to speak, and buying from a brand that cares more about how they treat customers.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great minds all think alike EXCEPT when it comes to VAG. Love my Q5 but feel violated in so many ways. I live in the Pacific Northwest and the TDIs are being called out and even shamed in some circles. My dealer plays dumb while VAG is being complete corporate suits in all of their decisions.
Audi lost my loyalty to the brand and they know it and I suspect that at this point they will keep their mouths shut and wait for the EPA to direct them.
Once my TDI is fixed, I will ditch it just on principle and will not buy another Audi/Porsche. I figure over the next decade they will loose out on 4 new vehicles I would have purchased for myself and the family. Plenty of new competitors and SUVs to try and I am even kind of excited to get a new car and try a new brand.

Quick Reply: TDI 3.0 Suit