Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

For TDI Owners Experiencing Problems with Goodwill Package Signup

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, Tiffany James was the name on mine as well. Just to update here ... the system appears to have been updated as I was able to register our Q5 just a few minutes ago. Give it a go now ...
Old 02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was having issues, but just registered now with no issues.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now my 2015 Q7 is coming up as part of the goodwill program when the last two days it was not. I guess they are continuing to get those bugs worked out........
Old 02-10-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

+1
Old 02-11-2016, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I registered mine yesterday as well. I'm still trying to spend the one I got from VW. I tried to order Audi parts from the VW dealership and even though they were in the dealerships system the warehouse refused to ship them. My local VW dealership gives me a big discount on parts using my employers account.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So everyone (who can) seems to be signing up. I'm hesitant. What are we losing by signing up? I understand that we forfeit the right to sue Audi (if that holds up in court). But what else do we forfeit?

I have AudiCare and the dealer card expires in 1 year and vehicle only has 25k miles. I'm not sure what I would use this for. I would probably put it towards tires and store them sit in my garage until they are needed.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amstrad
So everyone (who can) seems to be signing up. I'm hesitant. What are we losing by signing up? I understand that we forfeit the right to sue Audi (if that holds up in court). But what else do we forfeit?

I have AudiCare and the dealer card expires in 1 year and vehicle only has 25k miles. I'm not sure what I would use this for. I would probably put it towards tires and store them sit in my garage until they are needed.
From the FAQ's... taking the package does not impact future ability to sue.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe that we forfeit the right to sue. Im quoting directly from the Audi web site:
"No. The Cardholder Agreements are solely between the customer and MetaBank® (and its successors, affiliates or assignees). Affected customers eligible for the Goodwill Package are not required to waive their rights or release or arbitrate their claims against AoA in order to receive the Package. No terms of the Cardholders Agreements will waive any eligible customer's rights against AoA with respect to their TDI vehicles. " Do you read it the same way I do?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I didn't see that in the FAQ and I agree it seems quite explicit.

This is where I got my info, which is admittedly 3 months old now:
Volkswagen offers cash, credit to help placate diesel owners - LA Times

From the article:
VW said the arbitration clause, buried in clause 11 of its lengthy “Goodwill Package Cardholder Agreements” – is part of the bank terms for the gift cards and is not designed to fool consumers into waiving their legal claims against Volkswagen.

But Williams-Derry cautioned that “the clause is worded extremely broadly, and the courts have history unfortunately of interpreting these clauses expansively.”
Old 02-11-2016, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait until just before the expiration date on your cards....you might change your mind. Audi may have other offers forthcoming that may be more beneficial.