Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

trunk clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trunk clicking noise

I closed my trunk and a dog leash got caught in between. I opened the trunk and removed the leash. Now when I close the trunk, once it shuts you hear the locking mechanism begin to tighten the door and lock. Now I hear a clicking noise that goes on for about 5 seconds. So the trunk closes fine, but the clicking noise isn't normal. I think the locking mechanics needs to be reset or recalibrate. Also my trunk sensor on my dashboard shows my trunk is open, but my trunk is closed and locked. Any ideas on what I should do to fix this?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joegervacio@gmail.com
I closed my trunk and a dog leash got caught in between. I opened the trunk and removed the leash. Now when I close the trunk, once it shuts you hear the locking mechanism begin to tighten the door and lock. Now I hear a clicking noise that goes on for about 5 seconds. So the trunk closes fine, but the clicking noise isn't normal. I think the locking mechanics needs to be reset or recalibrate. Also my trunk sensor on my dashboard shows my trunk is open, but my trunk is closed and locked. Any ideas on what I should do to fix this?
Sounds like the sensor is misadjusted or broken. The clicking is likely the 'overtighten' prevention mechanism limiting how much pressure can be put on the latch.

When the door closes, is the door flush with the rest of the body? Are the shut lines equal on both sides?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Sounds like the sensor is misadjusted or broken. The clicking is likely the 'overtighten' prevention mechanism limiting how much pressure can be put on the latch.

When the door closes, is the door flush with the rest of the body? Are the shut lines equal on both sides?
Yes the door is flush with the rest of the body. The shut lines are equal on both sides.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by joegervacio@gmail.com
Yes the door is flush with the rest of the body. The shut lines are equal on both sides.
Will I be able to fix this problem myself? Seems pretty easy.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default trunk clicking noise

i know this post is old but we're you able to fix the trunk clicking problem? I am having he same issue.
thanks