Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

URGENT help please, might be picking up tonight

Old 07-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT help please, might be picking up tonight

Hello all,

After 12 years with BMW, I am looking to switch to back to Audi (used to own a 2003 A4). I am looking at loaded 2015 TDI PP vs TDI Prestige. One local dealer has a $56K MSRP TDI PP with Sports plus, Tech, Sports interior. Willing to do 12% off MSRP and is giving me acceptable price for my trade. Questions:

1. I was really looking forward to having ventilated seats, but with this car I won't get them. I live in So Cal. How important are these?

2. Surprisingly, the dealer offered 12% right off the bat. Should I push more? Or ask for Audicare, wheel locks, floor mats, etc.? Any advice is appreciated.

TIA

RJ
Old 07-23-2015, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Prestige with the Luxury package (with the Ventilated seats). Here is Sunny South Florida the ventilated seats are wonderful... Nothing like cold air blowing on your posterior.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjdoc74
Hello all,

After 12 years with BMW, I am looking to switch to back to Audi (used to own a 2003 A4). I am looking at loaded 2015 TDI PP vs TDI Prestige. One local dealer has a $56K MSRP TDI PP with Sports plus, Tech, Sports interior. Willing to do 12% off MSRP and is giving me acceptable price for my trade. Questions:

1. I was really looking forward to having ventilated seats, but with this car I won't get them. I live in So Cal. How important are these?

2. Surprisingly, the dealer offered 12% right off the bat. Should I push more? Or ask for Audicare, wheel locks, floor mats, etc.? Any advice is appreciated.

TIA

RJ
If you like the car they are offering and only the ventilated seats have you in doubt, I'd say go for it - and ask for more as you mentioned.

My daughter has ventilated seats in her car, and I truly don't notice any difference in comfort whatsoever. SoCal weather is not humid, you know that.

In the end, it's your decision. Look at the car inside and out and if you can't step away from it, then, you are hooked

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just picked up a 2015 PP TDI with Sports interior earlier this month. I live in AZ so the ventilated seats would definitely be welcome, but gotta say the sports seats are really nice and comfortable, I have also heard that the fans used in the ventilated seats are not that big. With you living in Socal, i really would worry about needing cooling in the seats.

As far as price, i got about 13.3% off of MSRP, so you are right where you need to be, maybe could get a little bit more.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my ventilated seats and will never again purchase a car without them. I do live in Texas though....
Old 07-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lol. OK. I have 2 for and 2 against ventilated seats. You guys are no help (j/k)!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I happen to have ventilated seats on my Jeep Grand Cherokee but just ordered a 2016 SQ5 for the wife without them. I do love my ventilated seats but I don't use them all that much and I just moved from Houston. Granted I did keep my care in a garage at home and in a covered parking deck at work. For the amount I used them I think they really aren't worth it IMHO. Those sport seats in the SQ5 we test drove are great. IF you're getting a great deal & 12% is pretty good (best the dealer is offering me was 3% until I told him about my ANCA supplier discount), I say go for it
Old 07-23-2015, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rjdoc74
Lol. OK. I have 2 for and 2 against ventilated seats. You guys are no help (j/k)!
One more for ventilated seats. In Colorado with no humidity but it still gets hot here and they do make a difference.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you so much everyone. I will have to test drive again to see how much I like sports seats without ventilation. I have a 70 miles/day commute, so I am not getting SQ5. But I think a fully loaded TDI would be nice too!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We've got a '14 3.0 premium plus without ventilated seats. Doesn't bother me a bit not to have them, but my wife sure wishes we did. So add 1 for no and 1 to yes lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: URGENT help please, might be picking up tonight