Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

US Mobile SIM for Audi Connect?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US Mobile SIM for Audi Connect?

Does anyone use a provider other than T-Mobile or AT&T? Specifically I just purchased a US Mobile SIM card and have it activated. Can someone who is using a US Mobile SIM card please let me know how you got it to work? I put the SIM into the slot and changed the data connection settings to

APN: pwg
Username: blank space
Password: left blank

Problem is I am not sure if it is working. I see the 3G symbol in bold and there a signal bars but the Google symbol is not in bold. Is it supposed to be in bold white letters?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by will822
Does anyone use a provider other than T-Mobile or AT&T? Specifically I just purchased a US Mobile SIM card and have it activated. Can someone who is using a US Mobile SIM card please let me know how you got it to work? I put the SIM into the slot and changed the data connection settings to

APN: pwg
Username: blank space
Password: left blank

Problem is I am not sure if it is working. I see the 3G symbol in bold and there a signal bars but the Google symbol is not in bold. Is it supposed to be in bold white letters?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
This might be a silly question, but have you tried to search for a destination or send a myAudi destination to be car? The MMI interface also has a section in the settings that shows how much data you've used where you could confirm data usage.

I have TruPhone as opposed to US Mobile, but your settings appear correct and it sounds like it's indicating you have a connection.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by riceboy22
This might be a silly question, but have you tried to search for a destination or send a myAudi destination to be car? The MMI interface also has a section in the settings that shows how much data you've used where you could confirm data usage.

I have TruPhone as opposed to US Mobile, but your settings appear correct and it sounds like it's indicating you have a connection.
I have not tried a search yet but I was under the impression that the word Google should be in bold white letters indicating a connection. Is this not correct? When I checked data usage it was showing 0 bytes sent and received.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

The data connection is working if you see the two half arrows above the signal bar. The bold Google logo indicates that Google Earth maps is initialized and successfully receiving the satellite images.

snagitseven uses US Mobile and it works for him. My guess is your APN info is wrong.
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
The data connection is working if you see the two half arrows above the signal bar. The bold Google logo indicates that Google Earth maps is initialized and successfully receiving the satellite images.

snagitseven uses US Mobile and it works for him. My guess is your APN info is wrong.
Looks like it's not working for me then. I don't get the 2 arrows above the signal bars and the Google logo is never in bold. I double checked my apn settings and they are correct according to snagitseven's post.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by will822
Looks like it's not working for me then. I don't get the 2 arrows above the signal bars and the Google logo is never in bold. I double checked my apn settings and they are correct according to snagitseven's post.
Did you actually try accessing any of the online services? The MMI doesn't actually establish the data connection until it's needed. Try doing a Google search. If the data connection is non functional, you'll get an error message, so you know for sure that there's something wrong. Have you tried the SIM in another device to make sure it was properly provisioned with data service?
Old 03-19-2016, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Did you actually try accessing any of the online services? The MMI doesn't actually establish the data connection until it's needed. Try doing a Google search. If the data connection is non functional, you'll get an error message, so you know for sure that there's something wrong. Have you tried the SIM in another device to make sure it was properly provisioned with data service?
Thanks superswiss. I ended up calling US Mobile and figured out what was wrong. Apparently even though I was successful in activating my SIM online from their website, there was an issue where it never actually provisioned the SIM for data services. Got it provisioned and all good now.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a us mobile card. Cant get apn to stick. Every time I change it , when I go back in it reverts back to tmobile. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a different Tmobile SIM card also that I can't get to work. I've tried those setting and still nothing. Tmobile representatives were no help either. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by jbbarrette; 04-26-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Palatine
I got a us mobile card. Cant get apn to stick. Every time I change it , when I go back in it reverts back to tmobile. Any suggestions?
Call US Mobile for assistance. Mine is working great, and now US Mobile has recurring monthly billing so it is hassle free once it is working.

Quick Reply: US Mobile SIM for Audi Connect?