Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VW admits cheating on 3.0 V6 TDI diesel

Old 11-28-2015, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm confused. You tried to get a buyback on your '15 TDI but you say you want another diesel. Was your intent to try and return the car for a refund due to the diesel emissions scandal or simply to trade up to a 2016?

In any case, there is currently a dealer hold by Audi on selling diesel C7 TDIs new or used. So today, they would not be able buy or trade your TDI since they cannot resell it.

My intent was to sell it back to the Dealer based on the Scandal.

The Dealer initiated the contact and offered up 2 options: Buy outright or buy and move into a ’16 with lower payments.

I didn’t get the price I was looking for and unfortunate for them I’m only interested in Diesels.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Redd, I see it's back to the the "shouting" word CAPS again. Good book authors, journalists and bloggers somehow manage to get their points across without resorting to word caps. When i see this in a post, I feel like the author is talking down to me, that I won't get it otherwise. Trust that your readers will understand what you are writing without needing that extra "emphasis".
Old 11-28-2015, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Grant Leffler

The Dealer initiated the contact and offered up 2 options: Buy outright or buy and move into a ’16 with lower payments.

I didn’t get the price I was looking for and unfortunate for them I’m only interested in Diesels.
Well, I guess it doesn't matter now since, as it stands, new and pre-owned TDIs are frozen from being sold by Audi dealers. I wouldn't think the dealer would want another TDI gathering dust on the lot. Even if they could buy it outright, would the same offer still stand today on a 3.0 TDI? Questionable at this point.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant Leffler

Oh I understand now....

Before the sales hold, the dealer wanted your diesel back to resell to another buyer and sell you a 16 gasser.

I am in a similar situation - waiting for the sales hold / freeze for the 3.0 TDI to be lifted.

The dealer I have been dealing with keeps calling saying he can sell me a gasser including the SQ5 but I tell him the diesel is what I am interested in.
I guess the dealer has to eat too....

I feel sorry for the dealer & sales associates during this emissions scandal....
Old 11-29-2015, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 4SallyPat
I feel sorry for the dealer & sales associates during this emissions scandal....
Reading the multitude of threads in the AW forums, the TDI owners aren't too happy either.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bought my '14 (now I wish I'd leased it)- love the vehicle- have had many Audis over the years since my 1980 5000S... got a '88 quattro for a great deal thanks to 60 Minutes. Guess I'll be driving the Q for a while and hope most of this blows over.
For sure, I will NOT be taking it to the dealer for any service (I do my own oil and filter, and fuel filter changes already) as I don't want them doing any kind of reflash!!
Pray I don't need any waranty work or they'll probably reflash it even if I tell them not to...
Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skl1
as I don't want them doing any kind of reflash!!
Sounds like a perfect excuse to get an aftermarket tune.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Too soon to know how this will shake out of course, but if the EPA gets their way, there may be no choice in having the "fix" performed. States could be forced to require proof of completion for owner registration. Who knows, anything is possible.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

American companies are doing this too. Just for example, the next time you see a Ford F150 Ecoboost, walk up and wipe your finger on the inside of the tailpipe. It will come out charcoal black. Even trucks that actually meet EPA standards do not do that.

It is all a matter of who gets caught?

And, just like the stupid "no child left behind" nonsense, when it becomes about "passing the test" rather than why you need to be able to pass the test, it is human nature to just figure out "how to pass the test?"
Old 11-30-2015, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skl1
bought my '14 (now I wish I'd leased it)- love the vehicle- have had many Audis over the years since my 1980 5000S... got a '88 quattro for a great deal thanks to 60 Minutes. Guess I'll be driving the Q for a while and hope most of this blows over.
For sure, I will NOT be taking it to the dealer for any service (I do my own oil and filter, and fuel filter changes already) as I don't want them doing any kind of reflash!!
Pray I don't need any waranty work or they'll probably reflash it even if I tell them not to...
I just dropped mine off at the dealer for it's 35K service. Not a single peep out of the SA about this emissions debacle. I was honestly a little surprised. State inspection will be done by the dealer today so I'll be compliant for at least a year unless there is some sort of special mid year inspection that ends up being required due to this situation.

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Sounds like a perfect excuse to get an aftermarket tune.
My thinking as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VW admits cheating on 3.0 V6 TDI diesel