Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VW Claims Fund Chief Feinberg: VW Will Offer ‘Generous Solution’

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My suggestion would be:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td>
</td><td width="100%">AudiWorld Forums > User Control Panel </td></tr><tr><td class="navbar" style="font-size:10pt; padding-top:1px" colspan="3"> Edit Ignore List
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
My suggestion would be:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="bottom"><td>
</td><td width="100%">AudiWorld Forums > User Control Panel </td></tr><tr><td class="navbar" style="font-size:10pt; padding-top:1px" colspan="3"> Edit Ignore List
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thanks! Added!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

My suggestion would be - act like civilized adults.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

article was dated Feb 7...

For its part, Audi is offering a carbon copy of Volkswagen’s 2-liter Goodwill Package program, but has not extended that offer to 3-liter vehicles. Neither has Porsche.

So the Canadian owners should get 140% of whatever the American package is? considering the exchange rate?
Old 02-10-2016, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Kris-
I'm glad you said "Act like" rather than "Act as" since, by definition, real civilized adults wouldn't commit fraud, deceive, and cheat each other in business dealings or government regulatory issues.
What's that old fable about the scorpion who convinces a lion to swim him across a river, and then the scorpion bites the lion anyway and says "It's in my nature."
Old 02-10-2016, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redd
Kris-
I'm glad you said "Act like" rather than "Act as" since, by definition, real civilized adults wouldn'ta commit fraud, deceive, and cheat each other in business dealings or government regulatory issues.
What's that old fable about the scorpion who convinces a lion to swim him across a river, and then the scorpion bites the lion anyway and says "It's in my nature."
Do two wrongs make a right?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't understand the question, Bob. Where have you determined there are two (and only and precisely two) wrongs? And why do you expect, or conclude, those particular perceived wrongs are together making up anything, much less one right?

The NJ AG's office has filed the fourth state-level civil suit against VW. As opposed to a criminal suit. I suppose if VW waits long enough to materially address the issue, they'll be able to mollify everyone by just swapping out flux capacitors for the diesel engines?
Old 04-20-2016, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Preliminary report from "Die Welt", a German newspaper, suggests that VW will pay affected U.S. TDi owners $5,000.00 each as part of its settlement:

"Citing unidentified sources close to the negotiations, Die Welt said the agreement would be presented on Thursday to Judge Charles Breyer in San Francisco, avoiding a trial."

VW to pay each U.S. customer $5,000 to settle dieselgate: Die Welt | Reuters
Old 04-20-2016, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Preliminary report from "Die Welt", a German newspaper, suggests that VW will pay affected U.S. TDi owners $5,000.00 each as part of its settlement:

"Citing unidentified sources close to the negotiations, Die Welt said the agreement would be presented on Thursday to Judge Charles Breyer in San Francisco, avoiding a trial."

VW to pay each U.S. customer $5,000 to settle dieselgate: Die Welt | Reuters
Wait for Judge Breyer to make his announcement. Remember, the plan was PRESENTED and the 5K to the owners was PART of the settlement. The good judge can reject the whole plan or parts of it, or accept it. VW probably allowed this news to leak to Reuters to boost the stock price and confidence at home.

Wait and see what comes from the good Judge in California.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd make a bet that a lot of owners, either for performance, eco, or diminished value reasons, are going to give the judge a quiet nudge in the ribs and say 'HELL NO!' and that's ($5K) just not going to happen.

Considering, let's say a $50,000 purchase? Means a $50k fraud and a $150k damage award for statutory damages? Man, somebody at VW has one huge set of brass ***** to suggest to a judge that $5 is a reasonable settlement in lieu of a $150K minimum damage award.

Barkeep, I'll have some of what they've been drinking!

Quick Reply: VW Claims Fund Chief Feinberg: VW Will Offer ‘Generous Solution’