Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VW Diesel Emissions News -- Breyer Sets March 24 Deadline

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbradleysd
I would be very surprised if the Software Update doesn't majorly impact performance and fuel economy. If you see how the current setup works and imagine the scrubber being turned on now during hard acceleration I think it will be hard to see an update that doesn't substantially hinder performance. The fact is thou that the updated TDI is STILL going to be far superior in MPG and Torque to any other engine in the Q's line so while it's worse than current it's still the best out there. Given the big change thou (expect 5%+ if I had to guess) I'd expect the judge may require Audi/VW/Porsche to allow us to turn our vehicles back in for market value pre-scandal plus a bonus sort of like the 2L engines. It's NOT a buy-back thou. It's a turn in option

I WISH they would have just allowed those of us who want new cars to trade our vehicles in for another Audi/Porsche/VW and get preferential trade in values (vs being plagued by the scandal) as I'd definitely have jumped on that option
I agree and furthermore VAG has to realize owners of these models are far more likely to drop out of the class action and sue for treble and punitive damages. Unless they make a strong offer. The class action lawsuit provides an easy template from which an attorney could make a nice buck for himself simply signing up a boatload of pissed off people. There really are no facts to dispute, only damages.

This is the 3rd VAG I've had a major fraud issue with so despite previously being a lifelong Porschefile I'm done with them. Each prior time it has cost me money so this time they will pay.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?
Old 05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djgainsbond
Any updates?
I think June 21st is the next official update due to the court.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
I think June 21st is the next official update due to the court.
No, it is MAY 19th. Judge Breyer will preside and hopefully he'll discuss the 3.0 liter remedy.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Correct... Here at relevant dates

Originally Posted by soonerfan
No, it is MAY 19th. Judge Breyer will preside and hopefully he'll discuss the 3.0 liter remedy.

Read all about it in the judges court transcript here.

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelib...Transcript.pdf..

Cheers
Old 05-08-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jcampbell3
Read all about it in the judges court transcript here.

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelib...Transcript.pdf..

Cheers
Glad you posted the link....I see the June date....but I swear I saw something before mentioning 5/19 because I wrote it on my calendar. Hmmm. Anyway, that transcript was an interesting read and gives us hope of a fair and equitable remedy for us 3.0 TDI consumers.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Page 12, Lines 7-10 pretty much sum up this thread until the final is submitted.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Glad you posted the link....I see the June date....but I swear I saw something before mentioning 5/19 because I wrote it on my calendar. Hmmm. Anyway, that transcript was an interesting read and gives us hope of a fair and equitable remedy for us 3.0 TDI consumers.
Ah-ha! I am much relieved to report that a "status briefing" is scheduled for 5/19, so my gears aren't slipping as much as I feared. Allegedly, an update to the 3.0 liter discussions will be aired.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Bloomberg reports that Audi has a fix for the 3.0L diesel that involves software and a new catalytic converter. Pending approval of EPA.

VW Said to Near Fix for Tainted 3-Liter Audi, Porsche Diesels - Bloomberg
Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Bloomberg reports that Audi has a fix for the 3.0L diesel that involves software and a new catalytic converter. Pending approval of EPA.

VW Said to Near Fix for Tainted 3-Liter Audi, Porsche Diesels - Bloomberg
Alleged fix has been rumored for some time. We'll see if it meets approval from the good Judge Breyer. Not sure he'll accept a less than 100% spec for NOx emission.

Quick Reply: VW Diesel Emissions News -- Breyer Sets March 24 Deadline