Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

xm traffic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1227
4 year XM traffic is definitely included per 2015 Audi Q5 Brouchure and it is also specified in the Audi Connect informatin packet that comes with vehicles equipment with the Tech Package. I merged my old SiriusXM account from my previous Vehicle with the new trial account that came with my 2015 Q5. I don't see any mention in my Online account for the Infotainment system with the 4yr traffic trial. I wonder if that is in a separate trial account. I am just 1 month into my 3 Month trial on my XM radio package, so it is yet to be seen what happens when that expires.
If you do a 'build' of a Q5 on the Audi USA website and read the fine print of the XM package you should see that Prestige does get 4yrs of traffic but PP does not (90 days)….I am guessing the brochure does a gloss over and presents the best face..but check the footnotes..it may detail it out there….
Old 07-05-2015, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
If you do a 'build' of a Q5 on the Audi USA website and read the fine print of the XM package you should see that Prestige does get 4yrs of traffic but PP does not (90 days)….I am guessing the brochure does a gloss over and presents the best face..but check the footnotes..it may detail it out there….
I have a 2014 Q5 Premium Plus with Tech Package. I received 4 years of SiriusXM Traffic trial. It is part of the optional Technology Package.

You are misreading the 2015 brochure. The Technology Package is explained on the Q5 Premium Plus Packages page.

Now your problem maybe that the SiriusXM Traffic trial subscription was delivered with the vehicle (as far as Audi knows), and you inadvertently cancelled the service.

You should be getting back on the phone with AoA and having their coordinator for SiriusXM coordinate a solution with SiriusXM.

If you want to continue to believe you aren't entitled to the service then it is not an issue. But everyone here has told you that you are entitled to it.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through losing my Sirius/XM traffic on my 2015 Q5 Premium Plus after my 3 month audio channel trial ended. I just got off the phone with Sirius/XM and evidentially merging a previous Sirius/XM account with a new Audi vehicle tends to delete the 4year Traffic trial off the account. I did confirm that all Audi Q5 models with navigation get 4years of Traffic. So in order to fix the problem on my account, Sirius/XM gave me a new 3 month trial of the All Access Audio channel package and a 4 year Traffic subscription along with a full credit to my account. A bit of a pain in the *** to correct but I did get an additional months of free audio service.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary1227
I just went through losing my Sirius/XM traffic on my 2015 Q5 Premium Plus after my 3 month audio channel trial ended. I just got off the phone with Sirius/XM and evidentially merging a previous Sirius/XM account with a new Audi vehicle tends to delete the 4year Traffic trial off the account. I did confirm that all Audi Q5 models with navigation get 4years of Traffic. So in order to fix the problem on my account, Sirius/XM gave me a new 3 month trial of the All Access Audio channel package and a 4 year Traffic subscription along with a full credit to my account. A bit of a pain in the *** to correct but I did get an additional months of free audio service.
Must have been an intern doing the merge. Yes, the merge does delete the trial subscription. However, when I merged my existing account with the new account created by Audi, Sirius replaced the 4-year traffic trial subscription with a 1-year subscription and credited my account with the equivalent of the remaining time on my trial subscription to cover the annual renewals for the traffic subscription. In fact they actually credited me more than the equivalent of the remaining time. Didn't take a phone call from me. It was all automatic.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
I don't trust the audi usa web site completely, it also says that 2016 Q5's get 4G LTE audi connect, which they don't.