Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordering SQ5 in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering SQ5 in Canada

Hey guys,

Looking to order a 2016 SQ5 in Ontario, Canada, and have been looking at the options on the audi.ca build website.

I wanted to just go Progressive Trim (as i dont want the heated rear seats etc) but then it looks like you cant get as many options as the Technik Trim. I can't upgrade the sound system, cant choose all the inlays etc.

Is this fixed in stone that to get FULL range of options you have to go the Technik trim even if you dont want certain things?

I could choose the headlight upgrade, and the side assist etc, but dont want the rest of the crap that will just weigh the car down.

Anyone know if you can order the lower Trim but then add on everything that you want from a dealer? (black optics, calipers, sound upgrade, etc etc)

For this high level of luxury SUV buying, you should be able to specify exactly what you want (and dont want) and tailor it to your needs/tastes, rather than have the more expensive package only allow you the higher end upgrades.

Its highway robbery i tell you!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And this whole Alcantra Door inserts fiasco is terrible too. Leather option should mean Leather EVERYWHERE as stated on the build page. Going to have a stern word to the dealers about possible options for that too.

Also read in other threads that the SQ5 in Canada is LOWERED properly (but still not similar to Euro Spec Suspension). But at least it isnt as high a ride as the US SQ5. Can Canada owners verify this please?
Old 09-22-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

That's what my sales rep told me as well. Ultimately I've decided to go with Technik trim and loaded it with almost every option they've got (too bad there is no adaptive suspension box ) as a way to ensure best resale value. They also offer TPMS option, which is not mentioned on audi.ca website.
My car is due to be built in 1.5 weeks.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking I'll have to do too. Good bit of info about the Tire Pressure monitor, cheers!

Did they give answer as to why there's no adaptive suspension option?

Europe gets all the good stuff dammit!

Really wanted the Euro spec suspension as the sq5 still has a rather high ride height and even with 21s has a noticeable wheel arch gap.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AussieSQ5Canada
Yeah that's what I'm thinking I'll have to do too. Good bit of info about the Tire Pressure monitor, cheers!
TPMS is $350 option, so I figured it wouldn't break the bank.

Did they give answer as to why there's no adaptive suspension option?
There isn't much they can tell. What's especially odd is that this option is available on V6 TFSI/TDI Q5, but not on SQ5. But to be fair I didn't know about that when I was ordering mine (website got updated for MY2016 only few weeks ago). But whatever - I would still probably have it in "sport" mode at all time anyway

Really wanted the Euro spec suspension as the sq5 still has a rather high ride height and even with 21s has a noticeable wheel arch gap.
I've seen Q5 and SQ5 standing right next to each other at the dealership lot, and it seemed to me that SQ5 was slightly lower. If you look up vehicle dimensions info on audi.ca website, you can see that SQ5 is about 29 mm lower.

Last edited by asmi84; 09-22-2015 at 11:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What options did you end up getting in total? Wouldnt happen to have the build sheet handy would you?

Was looking at Adaptive Cruise Control for highway driving but wondering if it is really worth the 1700 extra they want for it.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

What options did you end up getting in total? Wouldnt happen to have the build sheet handy would you?
Here you go: https://i.imgur.com/mDttVYt.jpg
There's essentially everything except for diamond stitching (it's only available for sport seats), and black optics (I prefer the look without it).

Was looking at Adaptive Cruise Control for highway driving but wondering if it is really worth the 1700 extra they want for it.
The unit I test-drove had it fitted, and I kinda liked that. But I do a lot of highway driving, so it really is beneficial for me (regular cruise control is next to useless during typical rush hour driving as one had to adjust speed way too often). So for me it's worth it, for you - it depends on your driving. If you do long-range driving (like driving to NYC from Toronto area) more than one or two times a year, it will be a no-brainer, but if your trips are mostly short-range - you might want to pass on it.

Last edited by asmi84; 09-22-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh fantastic thanks a heap for that mate!

Great colour too!

Yeah its mostly cottage country driving to the GFs place up north so ill have a think about it and see if i really need it or not. I do like the tech though, more the merrier.

All that's left now is for me to find the right Dealer and see how much I can negotiate down on price!

Being from Australia originally, I always forget about the tax being added on AFTER the price. Gets me every time dammit!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh fantastic thanks a heap for that mate!
You're welcome!

Yeah its mostly cottage country driving to the GFs place up north so ill have a think about it and see if i really need it or not. I do like the tech though, more the merrier.
To be honest - me being a tech nut I am - would've ordered adaptive cruise no matter what just because it's cool tech

All that's left now is for me to find the right Dealer and see how much I can negotiate down on price!
If you have several dealerships close to you, your best bet would be to contact them, request their best quotes and see if they will be willing to beat another one's quote. I live in KW region so there's only one dealer - hence I've only managed to get 2k discount + 2k discount on "winter package" (this being winter tires + 19" rims).

Being from Australia originally, I always forget about the tax being added on AFTER the price. Gets me every time dammit!
I'm also from a country which puts up full price (with taxes) on stickers, but I've got used to canadian way by now
Old 09-22-2015, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

All Q5 and SQ5 are have the same height in North America.

You are kmow that you will lose the sport seats if you take the comfort seat package?

Quick Reply: Ordering SQ5 in Canada