Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

20" All season tires recommendation for Q5

Old 06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" All season tires recommendation for Q5

My 2010 Q5 S-line Lava grey is coming estimate June 12.

I'm kinda in the middle of debating whether getting a set of winter wheels or just simply swap to 20" All-Season tires with the stock S-line rims.

I think I'm leaning more towards replacing the summer performance tires into All-Seasons since Vancouver doesn't have much snow during winter normally and it seems to be the more cost affective/space saving option.

I would like to get some input on the tire choice...Yokohama Parada Spec-X seems have pretty good reviews on TireRack. Anyone has experience with this one or other suggestion?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use dedicated wheels and tires that are narrower and smaller in diameter for the winter, but if I had to choose just one (ultra-high performance all-season) tire:

Continental
ExtremeContact DWS

They're 5 pounds lighter than the OE tire, are better in the wet, and last longer. Somehow, they are rated quieter and better dry traction than the OE summer tire as well. Almost sounds too good to be true but the RS4 guys seem to love them and they're a fussy lot!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KeroSan
My 2010 Q5 S-line Lava grey is coming estimate June 12.

I'm kinda in the middle of debating whether getting a set of winter wheels or just simply swap to 20" All-Season tires with the stock S-line rims.

I think I'm leaning more towards replacing the summer performance tires into All-Seasons since Vancouver doesn't have much snow during winter normally and it seems to be the more cost affective/space saving option.

I would like to get some input on the tire choice...Yokohama Parada Spec-X seems have pretty good reviews on TireRack. Anyone has experience with this one or other suggestion?
Based on what info is available at the Tire Rack they look like a winner...especially at that LOW price
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The all season tires I put on my S-line rims are the Continental Extreme Contact. I have a nice quiet ride and it still handles very well.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd go with the Conti DWS all seasons. They have had the best reviews as well as are great in noise, wear, and snow
Old 06-02-2010, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I love my Parada Spec-X's... I'm down in Seattle (similar weather to VanCity) and they haven't done me wrong, including trips to Baker with 15" of snow on the ground.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys had been very helpful. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

You posted the comment below some time ago. I am about to take delivery of a lava gray S-Line myself! And I'm curious how you've enjoyed it AND what route you went with the tires? How are they working for you? New wheels or still stock?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
I love my Parada Spec-X's... I'm down in Seattle (similar weather to VanCity) and they haven't done me wrong, including trips to Baker with 15" of snow on the ground.
I had the Conti's on the A4, great tire. I have to +1 on the Parada's. They are great, ride well and were a ton better than the OEM tires.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Maybe you should check the latest tire test from Tirerack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20" All season tires recommendation for Q5