Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 TDI rear ended today

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM
cb5
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Q5 TDI rear ended today

Nobody hurt. But wife's daily driver took it from behind. Lady that hit her said she hit hard, my wife says she barely felt it. Pics tell the sad story. Fortunately, lift gate still functions perfectly.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences - this weekend I had to trade in my 2003 BMW 530i cause I could no longer work on it due to back injury. So we got a CPO 2014 Audi S4. My wife drove our 2014 Audi SQ5 home to get the title and ... she got rear ended as well. We have less damage to the bumper but the right hand tailpipes are also pushed in. Ugh - I'm asking for Audi arts but well see, and I'm always paranoid about color matching. What we have in common is no one was hurt.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have my sympathies. The reason I'm now driving a Q5 is because my Saab 9-5 was rear-ended twice in the same accident while we were at a dead stop on the freeway.. The crumple zones on the car did their job and we walked away from it without injuries. Sadly, my "Swedish Studebaker" didn't survive the ordeal.

From the looks of it you have some serious issues with the exhaust system. Hopefully it won't be too expen$ive to repair.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cb5
Nobody hurt. But wife's daily driver took it from behind. Lady that hit her said she hit hard, my wife says she barely felt it. Pics tell the sad story. Fortunately, lift gate still functions perfectly.

sorry to hear that but my 5 month old 2015
3.0T was rear ended last week too. The adjuster from Geico just called me today for the estimated repair of $11000. It sucks but I am glad no one was hurt. I am still working on the claim thru the other party now. person who hit me was at fault as the police report states and we both have Geico. The person who hit me wasn't the owner of the car and now Geico is telling me that they have to confirm with the owner of the car to verify the relationship between the driver and the owner other wise they can't make any payment for the repairs under his claim. It's been a week now they still haven't heared anything back from them. Geico is telling me that it would be better for me to go thru my own claim first. I am very pissed with Geico and told them that I was the one got hit and now I have to pay the 500 deductible, I mean how stupid is that! I guess I really don't have too much choice as my car is still in the shop waiting to be repair... I am just hoping repair comes out good.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 PM
cb5
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the sympathy. Exhaust damage looks worse than it really is. Impact side pipe is folded and the hangers on both sides need to be welded back on. About $1,000 for that plus about $3k for the rest at this point. Wife is pretty peeved she loves this car. Quoted a two week fix, hope is comes out ok...
Old 09-30-2015, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cb5
Thanks for the sympathy. Exhaust damage looks worse than it really is. Impact side pipe is folded and the hangers on both sides need to be welded back on. About $1,000 for that plus about $3k for the rest at this point. Wife is pretty peeved she loves this car. Quoted a two week fix, hope is comes out ok...
Glad she's ok. surprised at the damage price quite. I was expecting somewhere north of 5k easy!
Old 09-30-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
sorry to hear that but my 5 month old 2015
3.0T was rear ended last week too. The adjuster from Geico just called me today for the estimated repair of $11000. It sucks but I am glad no one was hurt. I am still working on the claim thru the other party now. person who hit me was at fault as the police report states and we both have Geico. The person who hit me wasn't the owner of the car and now Geico is telling me that they have to confirm with the owner of the car to verify the relationship between the driver and the owner other wise they can't make any payment for the repairs under his claim. It's been a week now they still haven't heared anything back from them. Geico is telling me that it would be better for me to go thru my own claim first. I am very pissed with Geico and told them that I was the one got hit and now I have to pay the 500 deductible, I mean how stupid is that! I guess I really don't have too much choice as my car is still in the shop waiting to be repair... I am just hoping repair comes out good.
Sorry about that fender bender.

Give the owner the opportunity to pay you the deductible, as well as the offending driver, else small claims court.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Deckardk
Sorry about that fender bender.

Give the owner the opportunity to pay you the deductible, as well as the offending driver, else small claims court.
Thank you, I am giving them time to pay me back for the deductible, but right now the most important thing for me to do is pay my deductible and get my Q fix, can't just leave it there and wait for other party to respond. The damage doesn't looked that bad from outside but I was surprise that just in parts cost about 7K.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

here are couple pictures from the accident。
Attached Images