Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Order Guide w/Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick3753
What happened to the black optics pkg??
Originally Posted by ciernett
If someone receives a definitive explanation on the differences between the S-Line for MY14 vs. MY 15 I would like to hear it. In particular which package(s) if any is the flat bottom steering wheel and the titanium peelers. I e-mailed Audi and supposedly the peelers are available for the Q5 but its not so clear in the order guide.
S-Line's been killed off according to the order guide as well as a couple of people who've been into dealerships. No flat-bottom steering wheel available anymore, no black trim, Daytona Grey is now a 3.0T exclusive color (as the color is now "S-Line exterior"-exclusive, and you can't get the S-Line exterior on the TDI anymore), and the Drive Select features have been moved elsewhere (other than the suspension which is unavailable).

The order guide only lists PR1 (which were used for 2013 S-Line instead of the peelers) as available 20" wheels. The Audi rep might have older information (when S-Line was still on the books), or it's not been put onto the order guide yet -- it's possible that the actual ordering system has the option in it and the order guide's just still needing the update.

The changes definitely seem strange to me, especially when they kill S-Line but then there's an "Audi exclusive interior" package. Makes me wonder what market they're trying to hit doing two-tone/stitching sport seats but then not having the other "sport" components that people want (different suspension, flat-bottom wheel, peelers).
Old 06-20-2014, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
S-Line's been killed off according to the order guide as well as a couple of people who've been into dealerships. No flat-bottom steering wheel available anymore, no black trim, Daytona Grey is now a 3.0T exclusive color (as the color is now "S-Line exterior"-exclusive, and you can't get the S-Line exterior on the TDI anymore), and the Drive Select features have been moved elsewhere (other than the suspension which is unavailable).

The order guide only lists PR1 (which were used for 2013 S-Line instead of the peelers) as available 20" wheels. The Audi rep might have older information (when S-Line was still on the books), or it's not been put onto the order guide yet -- it's possible that the actual ordering system has the option in it and the order guide's just still needing the update.

The changes definitely seem strange to me, especially when they kill S-Line but then there's an "Audi exclusive interior" package. Makes me wonder what market they're trying to hit doing two-tone/stitching sport seats but then not having the other "sport" components that people want (different suspension, flat-bottom wheel, peelers).
No flat bottom wheel in the SQ5 too? I thought the model change book for 2015 showed a black optics pkg now for the SQ5? What gives?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why the hell is the Technology package $4,000 on the SQ5 vs $2,900 on the S4? Gouge much Audi?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nick3753
No flat bottom wheel in the SQ5 too? I thought the model change book for 2015 showed a black optics pkg now for the SQ5? What gives?
The SQ5 comes with the flat-bottom wheel (and it's still called out on the order guide), but on the regular Q5 it was part of the S-Line package, which apparently doesn't exist anymore. Theory would be that they want to push people to go up to the SQ5 to get their fix rather than being able to get a lot of these items on a regulat 3.0T (or TDI)?

No black trim available on the SQ5, though I remember someone saying that it was listed back when the PIB or something was released... maybe they still haven't fixed their supply issues and had to kill it off.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

High Gloss Black for the SQ5 is supposed to be available 1st week of September
Old 06-20-2014, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dave DC
High Gloss Black for the SQ5 is supposed to be available 1st week of September
So then it's probably simply not on the order guides because you can't order it right now, but they'll release an update later for it. Though I wish they'd keep it on the sheet since it will be available, just have a note on it that it's a delayed option and so the option will delay production of the vehicle. We've had various options get removed and readded and it's hard to keep track of whether they're killing the option or if there's supply issues and they're just not taking orders at this time (but will later) or what....
Old 06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just went to the dealer today to check on my 2015 order. I asked about the high gloss black and he said that there are many options that are delayed due to parts availability and the delayed orders are put in the back of the line while manufacturing slots get assigned to what they can build now (both custom orders and to fill the dealership lots).
I also pointed out that it makes no sense to pay for Prestige when you can build almost the same model with the Prem Plus. He said Audi will likely change a few of the options and ability to order them with the premium plus. So keep up with your dealer if you custom order. Changes to the Audi options could throw you in the back of the line.

Last edited by Hockeymonkey; 06-20-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave DC
Why the hell is the Technology package $4,000 on the SQ5 vs $2,900 on the S4? Gouge much Audi?
Audi is subsidizing the a4 to keep sales up. Even though the q5 dates back to 09 as well, it's getting harder to sell a4s with the q5 doing so well and the a3 chomping into sales as well.

The q5 is still a better SUV than the X3 or GLK dollar for dollar.

Many people will no longer really need the prestige package. The adaptive lights are nice, but a fancy thermo cupholders and rear sunshades aren't worth $2300. So it's a net plus for most buyers.

I would have got a loaded p plus with the ventilated seats if I could have ordered it that way last year.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You only get one insulated cup holder.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

somebody really smart on this board should figure out how to install thermo cupholders without getting the prestige package. Believe it or not - my wife LOVES the thermo cupholders and is calling the sunshades a must (I explained we could get darker window tint to no avail).

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Order Guide w/Prices