Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Delivery Times?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gojones
My Port is Brunswick. I live in central Alabama. Contacted Sales Mgr, he is in Fla and will call office and get back to me soon. He actually handled the order and has been prompt with responses to date.
Cool, hopefully it's just a couple more days. Certainly by Saturday I'd think you'd be taking delivery. (Does depend on how quickly Brunswick releases vehicles, how quickly the trucks get vehicles to your dealer, and how quickly your dealer tends to prep vehicle. But it's a pretty good bet!)
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Received my "At German Port" email on Saturday. Looks like I'll be on the Florida Highway departing on the 25/26. Due at Brunswick port on July 11.

Getting close...
Old 06-23-2014, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Port is Brunswick. I live in central Alabama. Contacted Sales Mgr, he is in Fla and will call office and get back to me soon. He actually handled the order and has been prompt with responses to date.
This is kinda dated info, and you're pretty much in the "home stretch", but you might find it interesting.

http://hintlink.com/audi/audi_info.htm

Basically, once it hits port and clears customs, it seems no one can really track it anymore. On the plus side, it also means you are days, not weeks, away from it showing up at the dealership.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jatp
This is kinda dated info, and you're pretty much in the "home stretch", but you might find it interesting.

http://hintlink.com/audi/audi_info.htm

Basically, once it hits port and clears customs, it seems no one can really track it anymore. On the plus side, it also means you are days, not weeks, away from it showing up at the dealership.
The transport company would be able to track it down if necessary, but the dealer certainly won't have any update after Released To Carrier (left port by truck or train) status until it shows up on their doorstep. But that shouldn't take more than a week if you're particularly far from port, and most likely normally takes just a couple of days. Then the dealer will do final prep before they'd likely contact you (so it's all ready to go, instead of you getting a "one more day" call) -- at least from my experience and what I would expect most people would want.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info. My sales rep is on vacation and is going to check. Haven't heard back yet but I suspect he doesn't know much more than you. I am only 200 miles from Brunswick seaport so it shouldn't be too long. I will keep you updated as I know. Kinda like being a kid and toughing it out waiting for Christmas morning. Or something like that.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

anyone have the shipping vessel names for boats arriving in halifax next month?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Phantom BlacK

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Schedule-26.pdf (35.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info. My sales rep is on vacation and is going to check. Haven't heard back yet but I suspect he doesn't know much more than you. I am only 200 miles from Brunswick seaport so it shouldn't be too long. I will keep you updated as I know. Kinda like being a kid and toughing it out waiting for Christmas morning. Or something like that.
That's a similar distance from Houston to Austin, so transit would probably be 1, maybe 2 days. The CYA estimate was like a week or something, but typically here it seems to be same or next day (likely the evening of the day it arrived, as long as customs doesn't hold it). Of course, you never really know and it's not like there's a locator app you can use for the truck that's driving your car.

And I definitely understand the feeling; I was anxious to get mine, too. Especially the closer it gets to you, the more exciting it is. Should all be over here shortly, but that just makes it harder to wait!

From the PWL schedule that jatp attached, looks like it would have to be the California Highway. Easier time telling than when some of the rest of us were trying to track ours (where it could be one of several matching up the ETAs -- but at worst tracking the wrong ship still gives you an approximation of progress).
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hope mine arrives early! ETA sheet says last week of July
Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hope mine arrives early! ETA sheet says last week of July
Do you have any ETAs for the port dates? That's usually a good way to verify what ship you should be on. If it's the California Leader then you would've been at Emden at least a few days ago, and it'll arrive in Halifax on 7-2, which would leave a lot of time for getting to you (even though some in Canada have said it's taken a week or two to get to them, others have said just a couple days).

If it's not supposed to have been loaded (and left) yet, then it'd presumably be something after the Wisteria Ace, which leaves on 7-7. It looks to take about 1.5 weeks to get to Halifax, so arrival would be anytime after 7-16. Seemed like Canadian ETAs on delivery were extra-conservative so I wouldn't think this would be the case for yours, but you never really know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Delivery Times?