Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ACNA Discount

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMV Area Experience

I can also confirm that the ACNA 6% does include port installed options/destination charge. I was able to get 7% off my SQ5 (5/15/14) delivery without bringing my membership to the full 6-mo waiting period as well. The 7% was applied to the final price on the Monroney sticker. As always, YMMV.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
Unless the ACNA discount works differently than the Supplier Discount, the 6% does NOT apply to destination charge:
ACNA membership simply gives you access to the Supplier Program, so it's the same discount. Some dealers may just miscalculate and therefore give you slightly extra off than they have to, but it's not like the 2% on destination they're not getting from AoA is going to matter to them.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shark115
The dealer we are working with told us he is not required to accept the ACNA discount if he does not want to. Is that true?

Should the 6% ACNA discount apply to the $895 freight charge, as well as the $145 and $920 charges for the port installed supercharged fender badges and trailer hitch?

Also the dealer is telling us if we want to use the ACNA discount he can't waive a $490 regional advertising fee and $299 dealer documentation fee. Are these charges bogus?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Sounds like they just don't want your business. No dealership should be charging the customer the cost of advertising and dealership fees, that's crazy. But I guess if they can dump that on an unsuspecting customer, they will try it. Or if they tell you they are "waiving" these fees, then it sounds like you are getting such an AMAZING DEAL. Hahah. The $895 Destination Fee is the only standard charge that is normally paid by the customer.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Sounds like they just don't want your business. No dealership should be charging the customer the cost of advertising and dealership fees, that's crazy. But I guess if they can dump that on an unsuspecting customer, they will try it. Or if they tell you they are "waiving" these fees, then it sounds like you are getting such an AMAZING DEAL. Hahah. The $895 Destination Fee is the only standard charge that is normally paid by the customer.
"Just because you seem like a nice guy, we'll waive the $1476 Bend The Customer Over fee."

But yeah, destination is universal, and of course TT&L fees for the state. All the various "advertising" and "documentation" fees are bogus, but that's where I like settling on the OTD price so if they want to charge $5K in fees and sell the car itself for $5K less, why should I care as long as I'm paying what I feel is a fair total price?

At a reasonable dealer that does include some of the "extra" fees, it'd probably just be something like a $200 "documentation fee", which in the grand scheme isn't a huge deal (especially if you got 7% off or something). But when they quibble over the 4% they'd have to discount via Supplier (as AoA reimburses 2%) and throw in additional bogus fees? Definitely sounds like they don't like making money and you should take your business to any other dealer in range.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was surprised at the dealership when I saw the Regional Advertising fee as well, and the dealer said it was charged to all customers. I went home and did a bit of research, and everything I read online verified that Audi dealerships now do charge this fee, and it is standard to do so. A quick google search of "Audi Regional Advertising Fee" brings up various articles on the subject.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Dealers may try to pass it on but not every buyer will accept paying it.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eryeal
I was surprised at the dealership when I saw the Regional Advertising fee as well, and the dealer said it was charged to all customers. I went home and did a bit of research, and everything I read online verified that Audi dealerships now do charge this fee, and it is standard to do so. A quick google search of "Audi Regional Advertising Fee" brings up various articles on the subject.
Well I guess at the end of the day, it's like "idale" said, what's the bottom line? I could say, I am giving you this car for FREE, however there's a $50k ABC fee, so in the end you are paying $50k. Just like some argue, I didn't have to pay Destination Fee, my dealership waived it, so I was lucky; however they paid MSRP for the car. LOL, so in reality, you got $895 subtracted off of MSRP and you paid the Destination fee.

I got my car through ED, so I'll let the other buyers comment on whether this Regional Advertising Fee is legit. I'm sure they can ask you to pay it, and you can refuse to pay it. That's where supply/demand, plus your negotiating skills come into play.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Well I guess at the end of the day, it's like "idale" said, what's the bottom line? I could say, I am giving you this car for FREE, however there's a $50k ABC fee, so in the end you are paying $50k.
The OP started the thread referencing the ACNA 6% discount. Therefore, the purchase price of the car is already defined so the specific add-ons being discussed are indeed germane.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more question. Do I need to be a member for 6 months at the time I order the car, or merely at the time I take delivery?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ACNA membership matters at the time of delivery, not the time of ordering (although you may want to address it at the time of ordering if you are negotiating the price at that time).

The discount requires six months of membership prior to delivery, but there are two potential alternatives: (1) if you sign up for a lifetime membership ($750 IIRC), then the six-month requirement does not apply; and (2) some dealers are willing to waive the six-month requirement even if you just sign up for an annual membership.

Quick Reply: ACNA Discount