Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone have a cargo box?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a cargo box?

I am interested in getting a thule cargo box and was wondering if anyone has one. If you do, please post pics. I would like to see how it looks before I get one.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fonseca_Q5
I am interested in getting a thule cargo box and was wondering if anyone has one. If you do, please post pics. I would like to see how it looks before I get one.
I don't have a Thule, but I just brought the Audi Cargo Box home an hour ago. I'll take a few pictures later tonight. I'm pretty impressed with the design, and size & "fit" for the Q5. It's quite wide compared to many boxes I see. It looks like it will be real easy to install on roof rack (which I don't have on currently). Estimate about 2 minutes to attach box to rack(with NO TOOLS req'd!).
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 with Thule Atlantis 1800

Here's my Q5 with my Thule Atlantis 1800 installed. Someone asked for pics of this a while back but I haven't had it on for a while... I just happened to be heading out for a camping trip this weekend.
Attached Images    
Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 with Thule Atlantis 1800

A few more...
Attached Images    
Old 07-10-2009, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the pictures. how is the wind noise on the highway? also, does the box affect the nav or satelite radio?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FASTandSLOW
I don't have a Thule, but I just brought the Audi Cargo Box home an hour ago. I'll take a few pictures later tonight. I'm pretty impressed with the design, and size & "fit" for the Q5. It's quite wide compared to many boxes I see. It looks like it will be real easy to install on roof rack (which I don't have on currently). Estimate about 2 minutes to attach box to rack(with NO TOOLS req'd!).
i would love to see pictures. do you know the dimensions of the audi box?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

i would love to see pictures. do you know the dimensions of the audi box?
My box is shorter. external dimensions approx 53" x 33" x 17" (L x W x H).
Bringing it home yesterday, it fit in the inside of the car with the rear seats folded down.

It's currently on my dining room table, so pictures would not be very useful. I'll post pic's when I put on car (which might be a while).

You may have seen AOA link already, but here is description:
http://www.audi-collection.com/itemd...Level=21&lcat=
Old 07-10-2009, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

My box is shorter. external dimensions approx 53" x 33" x 17" (L x W x H).
Bringing it home yesterday, it fit in the inside of the car with the rear seats folded down.

It's currently on my dining room table, so pictures would not be very useful. I'll post pic's when I put on car (which might be a while).

You may have seen AOA link already, but here is description:
http://www.audi-collection.com/itemd...Level=21&lcat=
Thank you sir! Great info, and thanks for the link, looks like I may be buying one of these VERY soon. I seem to carry many loose objects often, like baseball bats, gloves, tennis rackets, etc, and I'd love to hide that stuff up in a carrier instead of strewn around in the back. My big worry though is mileage-wise, how much will my mileage suffer, having that thing up there all the time/most of the time. Can you let me know what kind of mileage you're seeing, once you mount it?

Thanks again! Great info! Pics would be super-cool!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ManWIthAPlan
Thank you sir! Great info, and thanks for the link, looks like I may be buying one of these VERY soon. I seem to carry many loose objects often, like baseball bats, gloves, tennis rackets, etc, and I'd love to hide that stuff up in a carrier instead of strewn around in the back. My big worry though is mileage-wise, how much will my mileage suffer, having that thing up there all the time/most of the time. Can you let me know what kind of mileage you're seeing, once you mount it?

Thanks again! Great info! Pics would be super-cool!
This is the only one shown on Audi Accessories FOR THE Q5, but it looks like the larger boxes may fit fine too - at least the Thule - nice pics!
AOA had promotion that ended on June 30 for 20% off, which is when I ordered and what I got. Not sure about Thule pricing.

I may put the rack and carrier on today, just to practice. Will post pictures IF I GET TO IT.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is the only one shown on Audi Accessories FOR THE Q5, but it looks like the larger boxes may fit fine too - at least the Thule - nice pics!
AOA had promotion that ended on June 30 for 20% off, which is when I ordered and what I got. Not sure about Thule pricing.

I may put the rack and carrier on today, just to practice. Will post pictures IF I GET TO IT.
NICE! How long did it take from order to delivery? I'm trying to gauge as I'm about to pull the trigger, but need it in like 3 days!

Quick Reply: Anyone have a cargo box?