So we thought, hey, let’s see what our daily driver Q5 R&D mobile can do. Admittedly, when this car isn’t in the lab, it’s a commuter and school bus, replete with school stickers, baby seat, even an occasional cheerio in between the cushions.
But the onramps told a different story, so off we went to the strip
. Here’s what happened with full car weight, spare tire in, 185lb driver, D/A of 74.
Results: 12.502 quarter mile at 109.52 MPH, on 93 octane fuel.
The build on the AWE Tuning Audi Q5 3.0T is as follows:
• AWE Tuning Audi Q5 3.0T S-FLO Filter
• AWE Tuning Audi Q5 3.0T S-FLO Carbon Cover
• AWE Tuning 3.0T Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit
• AWE Tuning Q5 3.0T Touring Edition Exhaust (pre-release version)
• Britax Frontier 85 Combination Harness-2-Booster Seat
• G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software
So. That happened. Fastest quarter mile time for the Q5 we can find.
Off to soccer practice.