Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Backup (reverse) camera install for non MMI (Concert / Symphony) under $300

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlouxL
I will plug back the mirrorlink box this weekend and see if I can get the sound back. Do you have the adapter in the glove box for ipod/iPhone or do you have an audio plug?

The camera has been working well for the last two years. No issue here.
Ohh thank you, It is really nice of you, i have the normal audio AUX jack in the center consol, nothing in the glove box.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

No success. I am even more behind than you. I connected back the mirrorlink box. The wifi signal is there. It seems connected but the wifi signal level is not showing on my iPhone. I think that the firmware of the mirrorbox is too old and not compatible to the iOS10. I could not see my mirror screen option anymore.

For a while, I have been using a case on my phone with a thin metal plate in the back. I then just place it on a magnetic phone holder attached to the air vent. It works beautifully and it is a lot faster with a better screen resolution than by going through the mirrorbox.

If you need to get the sound working, try to contact roadpassion. Eron may still be there.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What phones/devices are you guys using for MIrrorLink? I hear that iOS 10.x doesn't work with it. What version of OS and devices are you guys running?
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by yoda888
What phones/devices are you guys using for MIrrorLink? I hear that iOS 10.x doesn't work with it. What version of OS and devices are you guys running?
I'm in android 5.0
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a iPhone SE under iOS 10.2.1. Roadpassion may have firmware updates for newer iOS. As I have not been using the mirrorlinkk for years now, I did not follow up on keep the updated. I just use the backup camera that has been working perfectly since the install.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyway you can do a quick check for me?

Also, is there a particular reason why you don't use the mirror function? I have no plans to use it for watching movies or anything like that. But I think it would be great to mirror the GPS screen.

You got your mirror from Eron at Roadpassion? For some reason I thought it was via ebay or something.

Thanks

I have a iPhone SE under iOS 10.2.1. Roadpassion may have firmware updates for newer iOS. As I have not been using the mirrorlinkk for years now, I did not follow up on keep the updated. I just use the backup camera that has been working perfectly since the install.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Having installed a fiscon/kufatec bluetooth kit I dont believe it is possible for me to install a reverse camera on the concert radio 6.5" infotainment screen. Any ideas??
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default cool

Contact Eron Wu at RoadPassion. It seems that there are multiple distributors so I can only recommend Eron. He gave me permission to add his contact info here: email: zerone.wu@roadpassion.com.cn and Skype: zer.one-0.01.

I used skype with him a few times. His English is good.
is your 2011 trunk latch powered liftgate?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

"Also, is there a particular reason why you don't use the mirror function?"

The main reason is that the Audi screen is not a touch screen so all the operations or changes have to be done on the phone. You also have to connect to the mirror box via its own wifi. All that takes a little bit of time and it is a lot easier for me to just put my phone on my magnetic vent support. I added a thin metal plate between my iPhone and its case. I have a simple support attached to the vent is the center. The angle is perfect and the phone just sits between the cd slot and the screen. It is also easy to touch to change options or do other things.

"is your 2011 trunk latch powered liftgate? "

Yes it is. The backcup camera replaces the hatch handle/switch. The switch has been working without issue for two years. Looks like the OEM camera/switch.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Has anyone tried these guys before???

Audi Q5 OEM Integrated Backup Camera System

Quick Reply: Backup (reverse) camera install for non MMI (Concert / Symphony) under $300