Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Cuvée silver and delivery fees

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Cuvée silver and delivery fees

Has anyone seen the cuvée silver in person? I have an out of town dealer with a 2014 cuvée silver and chestnut interior with the premium plus package, audi mmi nav, & sports interior with 19 inch star and additional options upgraded speakers etc...

I live about 400 miles away and not sure what delivery / shipping fees would be?

First how is this color in person?

Second, how much is reasonable for having the car shipped?

Would you ever buy a car that you didn't get to test drive in person? I know most if the people on the forum seems to order their car so it's likely that many of you wouldn't consider a car in the dealer lot etc...
Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the Cuvee Silver and really like it. The actual color looks nothing like the color samples online or in the brochure. In fact, we hadn't even considered it, and didn't really care for it, after seeing it online, and then saw one that had just come into thee dealership. It had the equipment we wanted and bought it. You don't see many in this color, not everyone's cup of tea, but in person it looks much better than the pics.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
We have the Cuvee Silver and really like it. The actual color looks nothing like the color samples online or in the brochure. In fact, we hadn't even considered it, and didn't really care for it, after seeing it online, and then saw one that had just come into thee dealership. It had the equipment we wanted and bought it. You don't see many in this color, not everyone's cup of tea, but in person it looks much better than the pics.
Is it a champaigne gold-ish silver
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
More champagne than gold. In bright sunlight more metallic sliver looking as light fades the champagne/silver is more visible. It's hard to explain. Hides dirt and dust well too.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
+1
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

our Q5 is Cuvee Silver and we love the color. Not gold, but champagne color. Different light, different hue.

In my signature is a link to a color of pictures of the car.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

imdakine1 I have a Cuvee Silver Q5 TDI and until I had seen this colour in person I was doubtful.It photographs somewhat poorly,but I think I may have captured it in my images.Changes with ambient lighting.I consider it gorgeous but then it's all in the eye of the beholder.
This is my 3rd Audi and all I can say is wow ! Every aspect of this machine impresses me and the TDI + 8sp.is truly a joy.Stealthy fast and incredibly economical.
By the way my Q5 is kind of unique.Any of you observant types pick up on what it is ?
Attached Images    
Old 08-03-2014, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

We did ED and purchased our Cuvée Silver over Pistachio Biege Q5 sight unseen. My wife was a little aprehensive from the color chip at the dealer, but upon delivery she was delighted. Without a doubt it's a hard color to visualize from a picture as others have stated, the angle of the sun and atomospheric hue certainly affect the visual perception. I think the the dealer color chip was a good representaion of the actual color. I took the page out of the book and walked over to natural light and held it at various angles.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
Has anyone seen the cuvée silver in person? I have an out of town dealer with a 2014 cuvée silver and chestnut interior with the premium plus package, audi mmi nav, & sports interior with 19 inch star and additional options upgraded speakers etc...

I live about 400 miles away and not sure what delivery / shipping fees would be?

First how is this color in person?

Second, how much is reasonable for having the car shipped?

Would you ever buy a car that you didn't get to test drive in person? I know most if the people on the forum seems to order their car so it's likely that many of you wouldn't consider a car in the dealer lot etc...
I have seen this combo here at the dealer in Colorado Springs. Looks nice but I think the color is for an older person.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks everyone! My wife is 39 and I an 40 and we believe it might be for a bit for an older couple. Considering silver or lava grey.

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I have seen this combo here at the dealer in Colorado Springs. Looks nice but I think the color is for an older person.

Quick Reply: Cuvée silver and delivery fees