Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Getting an Android phone to stream music and sync address book

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting an Android phone to stream music and sync address book

What do we Q5 owners with Android phones have to do to get music to stream (preferably wirelessly) and get the darn address book to sync?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by farsed
What do we Q5 owners with Android phones have to do to get music to stream (preferably wirelessly) and get the darn address book to sync?
I successfully synched my Android today via Bluetooth, but the dealer walked me through it when I was picking my SQ5 up. I'll horse around with it tomorrow again and try to post the method.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once paired/connected, in the Bluetooth menu, go to bonded devices, and then select your phone. It should then have to option to connect in various different ways (simultaneously) including Audio Streaming. By default it only connects as handsfree.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by josedebardi
Once paired/connected, in the Bluetooth menu, go to bonded devices, and then select your phone. It should then have to option to connect in various different ways (simultaneously) including Audio Streaming. By default it only connects as handsfree.
I should have been more clear. Mine is a premium plus without Navi/MMI and neither under phone nor settings menu do I see bonded devices. Am I missing something?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have been more clear. Mine is a premium plus without Navi/MMI and neither under phone nor settings menu do I see bonded devices. Am I missing something?
Ah, in which case not sure if you can do Bluetooth streaming... There will be a menu somewhere to show phones which are currently paired - maybe in there you will find an equivalent setting, but as I say not sure if the non-MMI supports it.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by josedebardi
Ah, in which case not sure if you can do Bluetooth streaming... There will be a menu somewhere to show phones which are currently paired - maybe in there you will find an equivalent setting, but as I say not sure if the non-MMI supports it.
Not exist "non-MMI"

All models Q5, A4 A5... have MMI but there are several types:
- MMI Base (radio plus)
- MMI navigation (6.5-inch TFT colour display - first model unavailable for the U.S. market)
- MMI navigation plus (High-resolution 7" colour display)
- MMI navigation plus 3G - latest model

MMI
Reduced, simple, logical: the Multi Media Interface (MMI) elegantly combines the operation of all infotainment components in one display and operating system. By reducing down to the essential controls and implementing a unified logic, it permits fast, user-friendly, intuitive use of a large number of functions and technologies.

Last edited by spijun; 08-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Google tune2air, it's about $100-110 on Amazon. Works like a charm in our non-nav 2013, at least for streaming music, YouTube, etc. The address book synchs correctly even without the tune2air, so I'm not sure what to tell you there.

Last edited by BlackAce; 08-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
Google tune2air, it's about $100-110 on Amazon. Works like a charm in our non-nav 2013, at least for streaming music, YouTube, etc. The address book synchs correctly even without the tune2air, so I'm not sure what to tell you there.
That did the trick, thanks. Although from time to to it says it can't read the device but then works again the next time I drive the car again. Have you had that issue?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

That did the trick, thanks. Although from time to to it says it can't read the device but then works again the next time I drive the car again. Have you had that issue?
Yes, this happens to others of us as well. but from what I've read, the same happens to those plugged directly into the car as well, so it may be a car thing as opposed to something with the device.

Don't have to wait to drive it again, disconnecting and reconnecting it in the glovebox usually fixes it.