Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just bought 2009 Q5 premium plus - how to stream bluetooth Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjonesx86
I have a 2012 Q5 and picked up one of these - http://audia2dp.weebly.com/index.html.

It works great for what I needed it to do. The occasional audio drop-out but once I made sure all of the connections were tight that seems to have gone away.
I followed the instructions here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...o-via-mmi.html and was able to modified the MMI cable myself and add the adapter for Bluetooth streaming to it. Works great, total cost: $50
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Belkin Aircast

Or you guys can buy the Belkin Aircast. best $50 bucks i ever spent. It Does bluetooth phone and audio streaming.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was concerned about this too, however, I no longer care! The absolutely best way to listen to music in the Q5 is via the SD Card. It provides the most direct, pure, high quality to the stereo and therefore provides the highest quality sound out of your speakers.

Way better than Sirius, and Sirius is better quality than streaming bluetooth.

(The best way I have found to manage my music on my SD Card is: http://www.ericdaugherty.com/
Old 06-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a link to it in the Mac App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playl...34426826?mt=12
Old 03-27-2016, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MJ23
Or you guys can buy the Belkin Aircast. best $50 bucks i ever spent. It Does bluetooth phone and audio streaming.
Trying to get a gift for my wife. Don't drive the 2009 Q5 3.2 very often. She says it does not have an AUX jack, only the MMI, is that correct? If yes, that means the Belkin Aircast would be of no use to me, right?

Also, based on the description at the link above for the 3G High identification, I am guessing the 2009 does not have this. Does that mean I need the cheaper option that requires it to be powered by the cigarette lighter? If yes, doesn't that mean stringing a cord from glovebox to lighter? Not very attractive, but if it works I guess those are the only options.

Is there an OEM solution that is more elegant? (and certainly more expensive)
Old 03-27-2016, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paul@jpaulallen.com
Trying to get a gift for my wife. Don't drive the 2009 Q5 3.2 very often. She says it does not have an AUX jack, only the MMI, is that correct? If yes, that means the Belkin Aircast would be of no use to me, right?

Also, based on the description at the link above for the 3G High identification, I am guessing the 2009 does not have this. Does that mean I need the cheaper option that requires it to be powered by the cigarette lighter? If yes, doesn't that mean stringing a cord from glovebox to lighter? Not very attractive, but if it works I guess those are the only options.

Is there an OEM solution that is more elegant? (and certainly more expensive)

This company makes decent Tune2Air products that are commonly used. Mine's been problem free.....now and then a glitch but nothing that doesn't correct. I use it with a Samsung S5. Installs in the standard 30 pin Ipod connector in glove compartment.

WMA3000 - PRODUCT - ViseeO Worldwide Official Site

Last edited by stix; 03-27-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by playadude
I was concerned about this too, however, I no longer care! The absolutely best way to listen to music in the Q5 is via the SD Card. It provides the most direct, pure, high quality to the stereo and therefore provides the highest quality sound out of your speakers.

Way better than Sirius, and Sirius is better quality than streaming bluetooth.

(The best way I have found to manage my music on my SD Card is: EricDaugherty.com

How do you load music onto the SIM card, and where is it located in the 2009 Audi Q5? Do you have to pay for every song, because if so... that is kind of lame, hence why I was looking to stream. Songs are like $2 per song on ITunes... :/
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by josepeter22
How do you load music onto the SIM card, and where is it located in the 2009 Audi Q5?
SD card, not SIM card.

If you have MMI, then it looks similar to this:

Do you have to pay for every song, because if so... that is kind of lame, hence why I was looking to stream. Songs are like $2 per song on ITunes... :/
You take the music files that you already own (on your PC) and just copy them to the SD card.

Last edited by ex-quattro PETE; 04-12-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

FWIW the AMI only has one SD card slot, on the left side below the volume ****, not very prominent. And it works with SD and SDHD cards, not the larger SDXC cards. (Well, they work, but nothing over 32GB will be seen.)

The music player is also a little brain dead, it reads files in alphabetic order, not track order, so you will want album tracks to be titled [track#][trackname] rather than the normal [trackname] format.

FWIW.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, I will try it out. Is there any way to upgrade my current system to the MMI system, with DVD, etc.?

Quick Reply: Just bought 2009 Q5 premium plus - how to stream bluetooth Audio?