Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Static Cornering Lights

Old 05-15-2013, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Static Cornering Lights

We've had our 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus for about a week now. The Audi USA information indicates that this model has Static Halogen Cornering Lights. We can find no evidence of any working cornering lights. Anybody out there know anything about this feature?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Perhaps it is this: fog Light turns on with turn signal - (Curb Side Lighting)

My mistake.
On MY2009-2012 models, there is a system adaptive light (dynamic cornering light), there was not halogen static cornering lights
http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/too...t.browser.html

Last edited by spijun; 05-16-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acadianbob
We've had our 2013 Q5 3.0T Premium Plus for about a week now. The Audi USA information indicates that this model has Static Halogen Cornering Lights. We can find no evidence of any working cornering lights. Anybody out there know anything about this feature?
The static cornering light is the one shown in the picture between the headlight and the blinker. If you live in the US, you don't get it even though Audi's website continues to say you do.
Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abcabc
The static cornering light is the one shown in the picture between the headlight and the blinker. If you live in the US, you don't get it even though Audi's website continues to say you do.
All I know is something turns on when I take a corner to light it up.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. And you are correct. I sent them a message to suggest that they correct their web site.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acadianbob
Thanks. And you are correct. I sent them a message to suggest that they correct their web site.
I did the same thing over four months ago. I got no reply from Audi. The website still includes multiple "mistakes" that are misleading.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did the same thing over four months ago. I got no reply from Audi. The website still includes multiple "mistakes" that are misleading.
You would think that they would quickly repair their mis-statements. It sets them up for a disappointed customer who doesn't get what they promise.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default It must be true. I read it on the Internet...

I get what you are saying, but let's be realistic about how much bad info there is all over the Internet, and more generally about many products and "news" for that matter. But meanwhile, I would say proceed at your own risk relying too much on their web site. Beyond canned content and translators from the German, my impression is honestly more like a couple of hamsters on a wheel that power the thing behind the curtain.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I can confirm that on at least the 2014 US SQ5 prestige with adaptive headlights, these static cornering lights built in to the headlight housing are active. No idea if there's a VAG-COM mod to enable or disable them, but they are definitely functional now at least in 2014 Prestige US-spec SQ5's.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TonySCV
I can confirm that on at least the 2014 US SQ5 prestige with adaptive headlights, these static cornering lights built in to the headlight housing are active. No idea if there's a VAG-COM mod to enable or disable them, but they are definitely functional now at least in 2014 Prestige US-spec SQ5's.
My 2013 Hybrid Q5 has them too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Static Cornering Lights