Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Someone did a hit and run😡

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone did a hit and run😡

Can anyone tell me an estimate of how much this would cost to fix?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeesh - nothing worse than people who won't fess up to their mistakes.

I'm no auto repair guy so who knows all what needs to be fixed. That said, my wife banged her Q5 in a similar location against the garage wall, denting the front quarter panel and I think doing some front bumper damage (not as bad as this). Bill was about $3000.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry for your troubles. My advice is to get it repaired immediately and put it behind you. Hopefully your insurance deductible isn't too bad.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:42 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Sorry for your troubles. My advice is to get it repaired immediately and put it behind you. Hopefully your insurance deductible isn't too bad.
Sorry, those pics make me feel ill...Agree with Dennis above, that is the best course of action.
As for estimated cost to fix. Always hard to tell. Labor/paint will be the big component. And as they dig deeper the little things add up. That front fender is only like $400 new. Front bumper $800-900. Lower valence $250. But then that fog light grille is $200. Also the front grille $500+ and headlight housing $1100, hood $1200. And then all things underneath you can't see. And hopefully they didn't hit the tire and mess up any suspension components. Could be well into $10k+.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

I had some lady run a red light and skip across my front end causing just over $10k in damage. She tried to run but I easily caught up to her in 2 blocks when she finally pulled over. Headlight, hood, bumper, grill and a whole bunch of crap underneath. And the kicker is she had the lowest possible insurance allowed. Maximum payout of $5k. Didn't know they allowed that low collision coverage. This is why I pay extra for the uninsured motorist coverage. Cost me $0 out of pocket in the end but I did have to suffer driving a Ford for about a month. Could have gone after her for diminished value but wasn't worth my time. I figure she's pretty f'd with the hit and run charge not to mention the bill my insurance company sent her way. Oh yeah, she claimed the light was yellow until I provided the dashcam evidence. Just sayin'. Blackvue DR900S. Small price to pay for evidence. It's possible the dashcam could have caught your hit & run as well. These cams record when they sense motion.

Point being, that front end damage looks expensive.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I wouldn't use my insurance unless you just don't have the money.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by shokhead
I wouldn't use my insurance unless you just don't have the money.
I interpreted the title of this thread that the vehicle was parked and damaged by hit and run driver. In NYS that is damage covered under comprehensive coverage, rather than collision coverage. I don't think there would be a surcharge on future premiums. Yes, carfax would get dinged, but this is really expensive comestic damage. I would think $3 to $5 thousand. That's quite a bit to absorb when you are paying for insurance protection.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

6 months ago I experienced a 'Hit and run" with a deer.I hit him and he ran - for 15 ft.My Q5 was driveable but the final bill was 15K.Hood was good, thank goodness, fender replaced and basically the whole nose was replaced.Headlight was fine but one mounting foot cracked so it was replaced. Just that was 1K.All Oem parts.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MurrayA4

6 months ago I experienced a 'Hit and run" with a deer.I hit him and he ran - for 15 ft.My Q5 was driveable but the final bill was 15K.Hood was good, thank goodness, fender replaced and basically the whole nose was replaced.Headlight was fine but one mounting foot cracked so it was replaced. Just that was 1K.All Oem parts.
Wow, and that is very similar damage to the OP (maybe you had more looking at grill). 15K Canadian would be about $11-12K US.